Charlton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Charlton

Post by NSRailings »

New and experienced manager and a decent result up at Bolton. But we should have confidence as we can beat anyone in L1 on our day. I think it'll be a good tactical battle between Mous and Jones.

No idea what the score will be but going for 2-1 us.

Hopefully Pack won't get sent off.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Charlton

Post by jam tomorrow »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:47 am New and experienced manager and a decent result up at Bolton. But we should have confidence as we can beat anyone in L1 on our day. I think it'll be a good tactical battle between Mous and Jones.

No way do we want to lose Pack at this vital stage rather lose the game then see him injured or red carded hopefully we start on the front foot and strut our stuff we have the quality to win this
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Charlton are fighting for their lives at the moment and will be up for this. If we continue the recent trend of starting off slow we could be punished. Down to Mous to make sure we match their energy from the first minute.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:37 pm Charlton are fighting for their lives at the moment and will be up for this. If we continue the recent trend of starting off slow we could be punished. Down to Mous to make sure we match their energy from the first minute.
This is it - and spot a tactic change asap if needed.
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

Team today, which is unchanged from last week. The only difference is MPH is on the bench in place of Whyte.

Norris; Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Ogilvie; Moxon, Pack (c); Kamara, Lang, Lane; Bishop
Subs: Macey, Towler, Sparkes, Martin, Peart-Harris, Saydee, Yengi
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Bishop not doing anything...change for Yengi?
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Well could have been worse, win would have been great but both Derby and Bolton losing gives more breathing space and another red card for Bolton, think they have a few recently
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

A win would've been the icing but as we can't be caught at the moment that's a :thumb Guess we were due a draw.

That was a good performance from all. Impressed by Moxon. Shaughnessy could've won it at the death. Plenty of passion from all.

PUP
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

There have been many saying our defence is looking shakey. Well today we collected another clean sheet and have conceded less goals than anyone else in this League This was our tenth clean sheet on the road this season. In addition we have only lost 4 games, two better than our competitors. 7 points clear Top of the League!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:24 pm
NSRailings wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:47 am New and experienced manager and a decent result up at Bolton. But we should have confidence as we can beat anyone in L1 on our day. I think it'll be a good tactical battle between Mous and Jones.

No way do we want to lose Pack at this vital stage rather lose the game then see him injured or red carded hopefully we start on the front foot and strut our stuff we have the quality to win this
Started on the back foot they hit the post in the first couple of minutes
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

A pretty lack lust performance no real threat on their goal in the second half
Poor set pieces throughout
Just a bad day at the office luckily Bolton and Derby had even worse
I’m now thinking that it’s not 2 from 3 now but Barnsley are quietly closing the gap with Bolton at home and us away to come
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:43 pm A pretty lacklustre performance no real threat on their goal in the second half
Poor set pieces throughout
Just a bad day at the office luckily Bolton and Derby had even worse
I’m now thinking that it’s not 2 from 3 now but Barnsley are quietly closing the gap with Bolton at home and us away to come
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I just do not get all this negative dialogue. People go on about our inability to beat the lower based Teams. Port Vale & Carlisle we beat twice. Fleetwood we took 4 points from them. Yes Cheltenham took 4 points from us. No Team in the top seven have beaten us. We have lost fewer games than anyone else and conceded less goals than anyone. Our goal difference is only equalled by Derby. Bolton have conceded 7 goals in the last two games. Oh and our current form record is also top of the tree as well as being top of the table with a seven point advantage. Play up Pompey BELIEVE
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:56 pm I just do not get all this negative dialogue. People go on about our inability to beat the lower based Teams. Port Vale & Carlisle we beat twice. Fleetwood we took 4 points from them. Yes Cheltenham took 4 points from us. No Team in the top seven have beaten us. We have lost fewer games than anyone else and conceded less goals than anyone. Our goal difference is only equalled by Derby. Bolton have conceded 7 goals in the last two games. Oh and our current form record is also top of the tree as well as being top of the table with a seven point advantage. Play up Pompey BELIEVE
I don't feel commenting that we had a poor performance but pointing out others had a worse outcome is really negative as such if it's balanced by reasonable points of view
Do you honestly expect people to only comment if we have a good game or say we played well when we didn't

Ok I will rephrase my comments we were absolutely brilliant played them off the pitch and only drew because we had a dodgy referee
Hope that is better
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:20 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:56 pm I just do not get all this negative dialogue. People go on about our inability to beat the lower based Teams. Port Vale & Carlisle we beat twice. Fleetwood we took 4 points from them. Yes Cheltenham took 4 points from us. No Team in the top seven have beaten us. We have lost fewer games than anyone else and conceded less goals than anyone. Our goal difference is only equalled by Derby. Bolton have conceded 7 goals in the last two games. Oh and our current form record is also top of the tree as well as being top of the table with a seven point advantage. Play up Pompey BELIEVE
I don't feel commenting that we had a poor performance but pointing out others had a worse outcome is really negative as such if it's balanced by reasonable points of view
Do you honestly expect people to only comment if we have a good game or say we played well when we didn't

Ok I will rephrase my comments we were absolutely brilliant played them off the pitch and only drew because we had a dodgy referee
Hope that is better
It wasn't a poor performance. Mousinho said he could'nt fault the players for effort. Every player was trying and in hindsight we were due a draw as we're not going to be on form every game - that's not possible. But when things aren't working you battle and that's what we did. I wouldn't class that as a poor or lacklustre performance.