Charlton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Charlton

Post by Pompey55 »

I didn’t doubt the effort put in by the players but from where I was too many individual performances were below that we have seen in recent weeks
Lots of effort does not mean a good performance
So yes performance wise it was lacklustre and a poor performance by recent standards in my view and whilst the snooze is generally rubbish their ratings of our front 4 reflected that
It wasn’t a a disaster and I do wonder if Moushino would have been as up beat if not for the other results
I wasn’t being negative just expressing an opinion of a game I had just got home from
So I’m getting the impression that if someone gives a comment back from the game that is not totally positive but an objective opinion of the game as they saw it then they are just being negative
So I’m guessing now what’s the point of posting an opinion of a game you’ve seen unless it’s full of praise thus my sarcasm in my earlier post
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:03 pm I didn’t doubt the effort put in by the players but from where I was too many individual performances were below that we have seen in recent weeks
So yes performance wise it was lacklustre and a poor performance by recent standards in my view and whilst the snooze is generally rubbish their ratings of our front 4 reflected that
It wasn’t a a disaster and I do wonder if Moushino would have been as up beat if not for the other results
I wasn’t being negative just expressing an opinion of a game I had just got home from
So I’m getting the impression that if someone gives a comment back from the game that is not totally positive but an objective opinion of the game as they saw it then they are just being negative
So I’m guessing now what’s the point of posting an opinion of a game you’ve seen unless it’s full of praise thus my sarcasm in my earlier post
I think the issue is that you seem to be a "glass half empty" sort of person where as I am the opposite!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

To be fair, I'm generally a glass half full kind of person but I didn't see anything wrong with what P55 said about the game at all.

Wasn't our best performance, we were still fairly solid and well organised but just lacked that final ball to open them up. Bit of a shame that we didn't play them a few weeks ago before Jones took over.

The other results definitely mean it was a point gained away from home against a team we traditionally have a dreadful record against!
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

All about opinions isn`t it.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:15 pm All about opinions isn`t it.
Well, that's your view.
Div III. Call it what it is.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:14 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:15 pm All about opinions isn`t it.
Well, that's your view.
Exactly
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:29 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:03 pm I didn’t doubt the effort put in by the players but from where I was too many individual performances were below that we have seen in recent weeks
I think the issue is that you seem to be a "glass half empty" sort of person where as I am the opposite!
My comment was solely regarding the performance on the day not the performance over the season which has to date exceeded expectations.
So not a glass half empty comments just my view of a poor performance compared to other recent games but I agree I do tend generally to be so but not in this case
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

In the context of the day it was a good result. It's a shame we couldn't get all these but we still extended our lead on our closest rivals by a point.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I n the context of the results for Bolton and Derby, the following Tuesday, it was an amazing result. In fact, we got more points from that match than Derby and Bolton got from their last two matches combined.