Oxford

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Oxford

Post by NSRailings »

Mickemo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:34 am Yep the Blue Army chant was amazing it went on for 5 mins or so - like you say moving. I saw one or 2 Oxford players looked to the stands clearly they’ve never seen anything like it.
From an Oxford forum :lol: - "That wall of noise in the last 5 minutes from Pompey was brilliant, so fair play to them, but that nursery rhyme they were clapping a little routine to before the kick off………😳"
Super Matt Macey in goal...
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Some of the "Blue army" for anyone who wasn't there:

Super Matt Macey in goal...
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:18 am
Mickemo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:34 am Yep the Blue Army chant was amazing it went on for 5 mins or so - like you say moving. I saw one or 2 Oxford players looked to the stands clearly they’ve never seen anything like it.
From an Oxford forum :lol: - "That wall of noise in the last 5 minutes from Pompey was brilliant, so fair play to them, but that nursery rhyme they were clapping a little routine to before the kick off………😳"
Nursery Rhyme??? I hope you've enlightened them!! It was pretty amazing wasn't it :thumb
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

eltorrro wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:58 am
Nursery Rhyme??? I hope you've enlightened them!! It was pretty amazing wasn't it :thumb
eltorrro wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:58 am
I do think having a more than half the Milton End is playing to our advantage as which ever way the opponents face it's still our supporters dominating the noise levels
Also great to start hearing the chimes going round the ground as each stand picks it up
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

The corner flag played a fluke part in our winner but great strength and finish, watched the league 1 highlights last night and Blackpool had seemed to unearth quite a player in their side, can’t remember the name but no easy games and have to play some of the top 6 yet, just need to keep winning and the odd slip up won’t hurt us as unlikely everyone will win their games as shown by bolton and derby recently, be interesting to see where Barnsley are come the end - hopefully below us !
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:30 am Some of the "Blue army" for anyone who wasn't there:

Thanks for posting this. A steady hand at work! Captures the atmosphere well.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

meakinsl wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:38 pm The corner flag played a fluke part in our winner but great strength and finish, watched the league 1 highlights last night and Blackpool had seemed to unearth quite a player in their side, can’t remember the name but no easy games and have to play some of the top 6 yet, just need to keep winning and the odd slip up won’t hurt us as unlikely everyone will win their games as shown by bolton and derby recently, be interesting to see where Barnsley are come the end - hopefully below us !
I think the Player to which you are refering is Karamoko Dembélé who is the younger Brother of Siriki Dembélé who plays for Birmingham previously with Peterborough. He is on a season long loan from French side Brest he was brought up in Scotland and discovered by Celtic. He looked very dangerous.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:35 pm
meakinsl wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:38 pm The corner flag played a fluke part in our winner but great strength and finish, watched the league 1 highlights last night and Blackpool had seemed to unearth quite a player in their side, can’t remember the name but no easy games and have to play some of the top 6 yet, just need to keep winning and the odd slip up won’t hurt us as unlikely everyone will win their games as shown by bolton and derby recently, be interesting to see where Barnsley are come the end - hopefully below us !
I think the Player to which you are refering is Karamoko Dembélé who is the younger Brother of Siriki Dembélé who plays for Birmingham previously with Peterborough. He is on a season long loan from French side Brest he was brought up in Scotland and discovered by Celtic. He looked very dangerous.
Ah yes that’s the player, he seems to score or assist most games, hopefully won’t haunt us next game as looks the real deal
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

He scored one of their goals in the 4-0 at FP
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
blue-two
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by blue-two »

Put it on high volume. For full effect. Courtesy of Pompey YouTube.