Barnsley Game.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Barnsley Game.

Post by Pompey55 »

It's seems looking at Barnsley sites they are not happy at all with now 5 away games in April accusing us of playing the system to allow injured players to come back
In my view tough poo get over it
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:52 pm It's seems looking at Barnsley sites they are not happy at all with now 5 away games in April accusing us of playing the system to allow injured players to come back
In my view tough poo get over it
Just visited a Barnsley forum. Seems most seem to think it’ll benefit them. They have injuries as well. A few vocal minorities saying we are taking advantage to gain an advantage. I think some are just annoyed at facing a long journey to the rearranged game. I felt the same when the derby game got rearranged.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Spiny Norman
Martin Kuhl
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Spiny Norman »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:31 pm The reason has become clear now..........

Love that, about time too.
PUP
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

At least we can have a relatively stress free Saturday for a change. 😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Do we know who is the third Pompey Player?
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:41 am Do we know who is the third Pompey Player?
It's that no good sonofabitch Hulk Hogan!

hh.jpg
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:41 am Do we know who is the third Pompey Player?
Mous revealed in post match interview that the 3rd was MPH who was called up to the Jamaica U21 squad.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

phat_chris wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:46 pm
Mous revealed in post match interview that the 3rd was MPH who was called up to the Jamaica U21 squad.
That good - I happen to be in Barnsley tonight and they are now happy it's been called off... Despite still saying we only have two called up... See my earlier post. They can't count to three... E.g. half the fingers they have.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Am trying to work out a way to attend the game. Is the Tesco car park available for evening games during the week?
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

NSRailings wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:33 pm Am trying to work out a way to attend the game. Is the Tesco car park available for evening games during the week?
Isn't it a 24 hour Tesco? Assuming you are needing to get away quickly after the match (and your mobile) what about parking someone off Milton Road? Yes it's a bit of a walk but you can be straight back on the road.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

As far as I know, the parking at Tesco goes down from 3 hours normally to 90 minutes on a match day.

I normally try and park on one of the side roads off Haslemere Road (think it was Pretoria Road last Tuesday for the Burton game). As long as you're there reasonably early there's normally space, and it's not too bad to get away after the game. I think they're permit only until 6pm during the week though.
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

PeteM wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:44 pm As far as I know, the parking at Tesco goes down from 3 hours normally to 90 minutes on a match day.

I normally try and park on one of the side roads off Haslemere Road (think it was Pretoria Road last Tuesday for the Burton game). As long as you're there reasonably early there's normally space, and it's not too bad to get away after the game. I think they're permit only until 6pm during the week though.
Cheers. You're right about Tesco on match days, something unhelpful happens.

I won't be able to get there until 7ish. The date change is very annoying with tickets for other games being rare.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

I normally park Bransbury Road just next to Bransbury park. Normally parking there. It’s about a 15-20 minute walk at a good pace.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm I normally park Bransbury Road just next to Bransbury park. Normally parking there. It’s about a 15-20 minute walk at a good pace.
Thanks. Will check that out :thumb
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm I normally park Bransbury Road just next to Bransbury park. Normally parking there. It’s about a 15-20 minute walk at a good pace.
i've also parked on Bransbury Road. But the end nearest Milton Road - and PFC - is often full of residents' cars. There are often spaces further down the road but it's then a longer walk - maybe 25 minutes.

Last time I came by car, I parked in the City Centre and walked down from there - no free parking but you are very close to the M275 junction for a getaway once you've returned to your car.

Also worth considering the Eastern Road southern end - near the Good Companion - Meon Road, Moorings Way, Catisfield Road, Shelford Road, etc. There is residential parking but also usually some spaces. Many fans park there [after negotiating the one-way streets].
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante