Barnsley Game.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Barnsley Game.

Post by Sam_Brown »

Milton End wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:38 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm I normally park Bransbury Road just next to Bransbury park. Normally parking there. It’s about a 15-20 minute walk at a good pace.
i've also parked on Bransbury Road. But the end nearest Milton Road - and PFC - is often full of residents' cars. There are often spaces further down the road but it's then a longer walk - maybe 25 minutes.

Last time I came by car, I parked in the City Centre and walked down from there - no free parking but you are very close to the M275 junction for a getaway once you've returned to your car.

Also worth considering the Eastern Road southern end - near the Good Companion - Meon Road, Moorings Way, Catisfield Road, Shelford Road, etc. There is residential parking but also usually some spaces. Many fans park there [after negotiating the one-way streets].
Yeah you are right. I seem to recall the first couple of hundred meters are permit parking only now you mention it. I do enjoy the walk so it’s always been my preference as always stop off at chippy on the corner Eastney and Kingsley road. It’s become a pre-game ritual these days!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Does Milton Cross still do Match day parking?
Is the club car park sold out?
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Milton End wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:38 am i've also parked on Bransbury Road. But the end nearest Milton Road - and PFC - is often full of residents' cars. There are often spaces further down the road but it's then a longer walk - maybe 25 minutes.

Last time I came by car, I parked in the City Centre and walked down from there - no free parking but you are very close to the M275 junction for a getaway once you've returned to your car.

Also worth considering the Eastern Road southern end - near the Good Companion - Meon Road, Moorings Way, Catisfield Road, Shelford Road, etc. There is residential parking but also usually some spaces. Many fans park there [after negotiating the one-way streets].
Thanks 👍🏻. The Asda at Fratton looks a good bet as well.
Super Matt Macey in goal...