Peterborough

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Peterborough

Post by meakinsl »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:58 am
I know you never get the full picture from highlights but that felt like we defended for our lives and scored a great break away goal, good strength and skill from yenghi, great team performance and especially with a few absentees, still some big games to come but that was massive, puts clear distance to bolton
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Have I got the months wrong? Should we celebrating having made the play offs?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

What an amazing day out that was!! The 4000 of us Pompey fans were amazing and many Posh fans have been commenting on it (see a video by Cape United on YouTube for a Posh fans perspective).
A great performance on the pitch despite injuries, illness and in-game injuries. Hard to pick out any MOTM as they all played their part - defence was solid (better in second half than first, I assume JM spoke to Sparkes & Swanson about sticking tighter to their wingers), midfield were everywhere, and Yengi/Bishop definitely has got the potential to be a very good attacking partnership (BIshop's football brain is very good, he contributes so much more than goals). Pleased for Norris to get a clean sheet after his play-off nightmare last season. And top marks as always to JM - legend.
The 13 day break until Wycombe has come at a good time for us I think - get a few players well and fit again.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:18 pm
NSRailings wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:23 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:32 pm BFTG (short trip from Northampton).

**** knows how we won that! A moment of magic from Yengi the difference maker. We’d have lost this game this time last season. Crowd was amazing. Best I’ve heard us in a long time

Just seen the stats. 16 shots with 4 on target for us vs 15 shots and 1 on target for Posh. Really didn’t feel that close. I felt like Posh had the better chances and more clinical finishing would have easily seen us 2 or 3 down by half time.

Much better in the second half. Felt we were exposed on the wings a few times and allowing Posh players to get a little too comfortable near our box but ultimately not playing well and still winning is a trait any championship winning team needs and think we saw that today.
Brilliant. How do we keep winning these games. 8) No complaints as the top clubs in every league do the same. I guess it's down to squad depth :thumb

Just watched The News post match interview with Mousinho. Right at the end "f**king massive win" :lol:
Do you have a link to the video?!
Obviously it was on the News site :lol: It's been replaced now anyway.
Ah. I did try the news site. I assumed I was just having issues navigating it with the constant adverts and pop up videos.

That would explain why I couldn’t find it if it’s not on now lol.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

New Forester wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:32 am Have I got the months wrong? Should we celebrating having made the play offs?
You're right, we've made the play-offs.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:34 am
NSRailings wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:18 pm
NSRailings wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:23 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:32 pm BFTG (short trip from Northampton).

**** knows how we won that! A moment of magic from Yengi the difference maker. We’d have lost this game this time last season. Crowd was amazing. Best I’ve heard us in a long time

Just seen the stats. 16 shots with 4 on target for us vs 15 shots and 1 on target for Posh. Really didn’t feel that close. I felt like Posh had the better chances and more clinical finishing would have easily seen us 2 or 3 down by half time.

Much better in the second half. Felt we were exposed on the wings a few times and allowing Posh players to get a little too comfortable near our box but ultimately not playing well and still winning is a trait any championship winning team needs and think we saw that today.
Brilliant. How do we keep winning these games. 8) No complaints as the top clubs in every league do the same. I guess it's down to squad depth :thumb

Just watched The News post match interview with Mousinho. Right at the end "f**king massive win" :lol:
Do you have a link to the video?!
Obviously it was on the News site :lol: It's been replaced now anyway.
Ah. I did try the news site. I assumed I was just having issues navigating it with the constant adverts and pop up videos.

That would explain why I couldn’t find it if it’s not on now lol.
Easy to get lost in those. It was the interviewer who said it :lol:
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Ferguson is not happy first he's moaning about our allocation wondering why we got 4000 as it affected the game, maybe he should asked his mouthy Irish boss who always seems to have an opinion on pretty much everything
And yet again we were lucky and anyone one in blue who disagrees is deluded, I'm finding it amazing how lucky we have been to be 12 points clear of his team at the top of the league guess he will walk out on them again soon then after messing up somewhere else will return to save them when he discovers it's his own money grabbing owners to blame for the away allocation
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:49 pm Ferguson is not happy first he's moaning about our allocation wondering why we got 4000 as it affected the game, maybe he should asked his mouthy Irish boss who always seems to have an opinion on pretty much everything
And yet again we were lucky and anyone one in blue who disagrees is deluded, I'm finding it amazing how lucky we have been to be 12 points clear of his team at the top of the league guess he will walk out on them again soon then after messing up somewhere else will return to save them when he discovers it's his own money grabbing owners to blame for the away allocation
Plus he misses the obvious point that there were still double the amount of home fans in the stadium than away fans - he's really criticising his own fans for being so quiet. I think 100 Pompey fans would have still outsung them.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

One thing I think has been omitted and should be praised is how good the referee was.
Apparently he's American and been plying his trade in MSL.
I thought he was excellent compared to what we normally have.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

One of the big plus factors is that Bishop & Yengi can play together effectively
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:42 pm One of the big plus factors is that Bishop & Yengi can play together effectively
Gives Mous a selection headache going forward. Go with his favoured formation or go with both again since they worked well together. I hope he plays both again in the next game. Yengi deserves a start.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

phat_chris wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:49 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:42 pm One of the big plus factors is that Bishop & Yengi can play together effectively
Gives Mous a selection headache going forward. Go with his favoured formation or go with both again since they worked well together. I hope he plays both again in the next game. Yengi deserves a start.
I got the impression Bishop dropped deeper yesterday but I wasn't there to see it, so not sure if the shape changed too drastically.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:35 am
New Forester wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:32 am Have I got the months wrong? Should we celebrating having made the play offs?
Not sure if we have as Stevenage could still pip us. They won't of course.
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

GreenBlue wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:56 pm
NSRailings wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:35 am
Not sure if we have as Stevenage could still pip us. They won't of course.
My God, you're right. Crisis!
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:53 pm
phat_chris wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:49 pm
I got the impression Bishop dropped deeper yesterday but I wasn't there to see it, so not sure if the shape changed too drastically.
Moushino said that Bishop played the 10 role which is certainly what he's capable of doing with his ability to hold up the ball and play it to others so it is not a formation change just a different role for Bishop to play both in particular if they switch position now and then
It was noticeable in the highlights that Bishop drew the defence away from Yengi for the goal as they knew leaving him alone as an outlet for a pass was so dangerous
I get fed up with people moaning about Bishop without appreciating the things he does besides scoring in particular his press on opponents defence and his hold up play bringing others into play