New England Kit

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: New England Kit

Post by Blue Walter »

I certainly wasn't meaning to insult you and I apologise if you felt that way. However, I think you are playing with words if you only refer to our opponents as 'opposing teams'. Tonight we are playing an international football match against Brazil. I really think it is stretching it a bit far if it is seen as wrong to call them anything else other than Brazil. The match is billed as an international match between two different countries.

I do hope you calling me 'Wally' is the old fashioned nick name for Walter. I think perhaps not, but I could be wrong of course.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

I'd be more concerned about the 1 or 2 players cutting large slits in their socks, I'm sure to give room to their enormous calf muscles. I mean...its like taking a sharp blade to the flag itself innit? Shocking behavior.
Div III. Call it what it is.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:47 pm I'd be more concerned about the 1 or 2 players cutting large slits in their socks, I'm sure to give room to their enormous calf muscles. I mean...its like taking a sharp blade to the flag itself innit? Shocking behavior.
Apparently it's meant to help to stop players getting cramp, but I've got no idea whether it actually works!
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Imho the woke and diverse are ruining this country....that is just my opinion though.

I think the FA are ****** shocking btw, they must have known this would kick up a storm. Virtue signalling A holes the lot of them. Have they dropped the "taking the knee" BS yet? I missed the beginning of the embarrassment last night.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

Here we go again. A new group of villains emerges , ‘the diverse.’

Goodness only knows what evil agenda they have or even who on earth they might be.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I think you know what I mean.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

Are the woke and diverse in the room with us right now?
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

phat_chris wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 am Are the woke and diverse in the room with us right now?
Yes, People who think it is a brilliant idea to allow large numbers of immigrants to this country, who are not here for their safety, and put them up in hotels at the tax payers expense. People who think it is a great idea to impose a view of our country which actually is a false impression. People who think our history should be changed to suit the new demographic vision of our country. People who can only see the wrong and the wrong doing of our country without giving kudos for the good. Other than that the room could do with a coat of paint and a good tidy up.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

Oh that’s who the diverse are. I was worried it was a group of undersea people.

On a more serious note, irrespective of one’s view of immigration now, there is no denying our population is diverse. Learning to live with that in the most inclusive way possible is ,in my view, the only sensible way forward.

It’s ironic that a government that has pledged at the last four elections to get net migration below 100000 presides over a situation where the figure is six times that.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

StMonkton wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:52 am Oh that’s who the diverse are. I was worried it was a group of undersea people.

On a more serious note, irrespective of one’s view of immigration now, there is no denying our population is diverse. Learning to live with that in the most inclusive way possible is ,in my view, the only sensible way forward.

It’s ironic that a government that has pledged at the last four elections to get net migration below 100000 presides over a situation where the figure is six times that.

Yes, the government have totally failed on their promise to get illegal immigration under control. They are not totally blameless as they are up against groups who are against controls and welcome mass migration of people wishing to take advantage of what is on offer in the UK. I agree that we are now a nation of a diverse and multi cultured population. What I am against is that the minority groups dictate the lives of the majority in this country. That is not to say that I want to go back to the days when ones religion, ethnicity, colour or sexual orientation inhibits the quality of life. Some people come to this country for a better life but then want to change the status quo in order to incorporate their outlook on life. Many areas of this country have been turned into versions of the places they, or their forefathers, came from. What has happened now is that the majority generic population is required to celebrate a culture change to accommodate the minority.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:26 am
phat_chris wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 am Are the woke and diverse in the room with us right now?
Yes, People who think it is a brilliant idea to allow large numbers of immigrants to this country, who are not here for their safety, and put them up in hotels at the tax payers expense. People who think it is a great idea to impose a view of our country which actually is a false impression. People who think our history should be changed to suit the new demographic vision of our country. People who can only see the wrong and the wrong doing of our country without giving kudos for the good. Other than that the room could do with a coat of paint and a good tidy up.
So the woke and diverse in the room with us is just a massive strawman argument? Got it!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:22 am
StMonkton wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:52 am Oh that’s who the diverse are. I was worried it was a group of undersea people.

Yes, the government have totally failed on their promise to get illegal immigration under control. They are not totally blameless as they are up against groups who are against controls and welcome mass migration of people wishing to take advantage of what is on offer in the UK. I agree that we are now a nation of a diverse and multi cultured population. What I am against is that the minority groups dictate the lives of the majority in this country. That is not to say that I want to go back to the days when ones religion, ethnicity, colour or sexual orientation inhibits the quality of life. Some people come to this country for a better life but then want to change the status quo in order to incorporate their outlook on life. Many areas of this country have been turned into versions of the places they, or their forefathers, came from. What has happened now is that the majority generic population is required to celebrate a culture change to accommodate the minority.
The biggest, perhaps only minority group that dictate what happens in this country are the 1%.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:41 am

The biggest, perhaps only minority group that dictate what happens in this country are the 1%.
Yes, I have heard that argument thousands of times and, to be fair, I don't think that is far from the truth. However, that 1%, generally dictates matters of the pocket and have no interest in much else. Also, as time goes by, that 1% is infiltrated by all walks of society and their power is diminishing. But they are not the only minority group that has gained power.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:56 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:41 am

Yes, I have heard that argument thousands of times and, to be fair, I don't think that is far from the truth. However, that 1%, generally dictates matters of the pocket and have no interest in much else. Also, as time goes by, that 1% is infiltrated by all walks of society and their power is diminishing. But they are not the only minority group that has gained power.
No, your right the economically inactive pensioners and their triple lock are holding a lot of folk to ransom too.

Oh and people with multiple rental properties on buy to let mortgages. Can't forget them
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:00 pm
No, your right the economically inactive pensioners and their triple lock are holding a lot of folk to ransom too.
Oi, moosh!! Start on us pensioners and your onto a sticky wicket...leave it aaat!!! :wink: