New England Kit

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: New England Kit

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:00 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:56 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:41 am
Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:22 am
StMonkton wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:52 am Oh that’s who the diverse are. I was worried it was a group of undersea people.

On a more serious note, irrespective of one’s view of immigration now, there is no denying our population is diverse. Learning to live with that in the most inclusive way possible is ,in my view, the only sensible way forward.

It’s ironic that a government that has pledged at the last four elections to get net migration below 100000 presides over a situation where the figure is six times that.

Yes, the government have totally failed on their promise to get illegal immigration under control. They are not totally blameless as they are up against groups who are against controls and welcome mass migration of people wishing to take advantage of what is on offer in the UK. I agree that we are now a nation of a diverse and multi cultured population. What I am against is that the minority groups dictate the lives of the majority in this country. That is not to say that I want to go back to the days when ones religion, ethnicity, colour or sexual orientation inhibits the quality of life. Some people come to this country for a better life but then want to change the status quo in order to incorporate their outlook on life. Many areas of this country have been turned into versions of the places they, or their forefathers, came from. What has happened now is that the majority generic population is required to celebrate a culture change to accommodate the minority.
The biggest, perhaps only minority group that dictate what happens in this country are the 1%.
Yes, I have heard that argument thousands of times and, to be fair, I don't think that is far from the truth. However, that 1%, generally dictates matters of the pocket and have no interest in much else. Also, as time goes by, that 1% is infiltrated by all walks of society and their power is diminishing. But they are not the only minority group that has gained power.
No, your right the economically inactive pensioners and their triple lock are holding a lot of folk to ransom too.

Oh and people with multiple rental properties on buy to let mortgages. Can't forget them
Probably having a pop at me being "an economically inactive pensioner" and, apparently, holding people to ransom with their my triple lock pension. Of course it suits you to disregard the fact I have worked all my life, beyond retirement age, and paid my taxes while you were still soiling your nappies. I had never been out of work and never had any form of benefits. As for being 'economically inactive' with my money I pay for little things like the window cleaner, who is working for a living and employs other people. I buy a season ticket, pay my road tax. Talking of tax I pay tax on every single pound on my private pension, which I hope you don't mind me having as I did contribute to it while I was working, and on my part time job I pay income tax at the general rate plus the extra taxation from my private pension. Money I spend has been earned in a lifetime of working and it goes towards supporting people who are working for a living. I pay more for living than a family of 5 who live near me who are all on benefits. One is in prison, one who has several children by several different mothers doesn't work because of what he would need to pay to keep his off spring. One is gay and doesn't work because of 'mental stress' and the other claims she is disabled, but is well known for pushing her own wheel chair with shopping in it. So who pays for their regular fags, beer, weekly trips to the snooker club and their rent? Perhaps an economically inactive pensioner helps pay for them and contributes in the local economy. I had the temerity to buy my own house but once I start dribbling and messing myself I will have to pay for my own care home, which will quite possibly be the same care home the lady in the aforementioned family will got to for free. We are not far off the same age but I will have to sell my house while she will get the same as me.

All this doesn't bother you of course as you are probably a young man who knows everything about life. You come across as somewhat arrogant, if you don't mind me saying, although I do agree with you about people owning several properties which restricts young people getting on the property ladder.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

StMonkton wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:52 am Oh that’s who the diverse are. I was worried it was a group of undersea people.

On a more serious note, irrespective of one’s view of immigration now, there is no denying our population is diverse. Learning to live with that in the most inclusive way possible is ,in my view, the only sensible way forward.

It’s ironic that a government that has pledged at the last four elections to get net migration below 100000 presides over a situation where the figure is six times that.

Yes, the government have totally failed on their promise to get illegal immigration under control. They are not totally blameless as they are up against groups who are against controls and welcome mass migration of people wishing to take advantage of what is on offer in the UK. I agree that we are now a nation of a diverse and multi cultured population. What I am against is that the minority groups dictate the lives of the majority in this country. That is not to say that I want to go back to the days when ones religion, ethnicity, colour or sexual orientation inhibits the quality of life. Some people come to this country for a better life but then want to change the status quo in order to incorporate their outlook on life. Many areas of this country have been turned into versions of the places they, or their forefathers, came from. What has happened now is that the majority generic population is required to celebrate a culture change to accommodate the minority.
The biggest, perhaps only minority group that dictate what happens in this country are the 1%.
Yes, I have heard that argument thousands of times and, to be fair, I don't think that is far from the truth. However, that 1%, generally dictates matters of the pocket and have no interest in much else. Also, as time goes by, that 1% is infiltrated by all walks of society and their power is diminishing. But they are not the only minority group that has gained power.
No, your right the economically inactive pensioners and their triple lock are holding a lot of folk to ransom too.

Oh and people with multiple rental properties on buy to let mortgages. Can't forget them
How are pensioners holding the country to random because the Tories pander to those misguided ones who vote for them many of us would not pee on a Tory if he was on fire let alone vote for them
Do you expect people to turn down a pension increase even if they disagree with the triple lock
Many don’t realise that is a false argument in that freezing the tax thresholds have dragged many into paying tax on their state pension alone if they via contributions have that their state pension enhanced to reflect those contributions
And state pension is not a benefit for many it’s a reflection of their contribution to the tax man over 50 or so years in some cases
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:16 pm

Probably having a pop at me being "an economically inactive pensioner" and, apparently, holding people to ransom with their my triple lock pension. Of course it suits you to disregard the fact I have worked all my life, beyond retirement age, and paid my taxes while you were still soiling your nappies. I had never been out of work and never had any form of benefits. As for being 'economically inactive' with my money I pay for little things like the window cleaner, who is working for a living and employs other people. I buy a season ticket, pay my road tax. Talking of tax I pay tax on every single pound on my private pension, which I hope you don't mind me having as I did contribute to it while I was working, and on my part time job I pay income tax at the general rate plus the extra taxation from my private pension. Money I spend has been earned in a lifetime of working and it goes towards supporting people who are working for a living. I pay more for living than a family of 5 who live near me who are all on benefits. One is in prison, one who has several children by several different mothers doesn't work because of what he would need to pay to keep his off spring. One is gay and doesn't work because of 'mental stress' and the other claims she is disabled, but is well known for pushing her own wheel chair with shopping in it. So who pays for their regular fags, beer, weekly trips to the snooker club and their rent? Perhaps an economically inactive pensioner helps pay for them and contributes in the local economy. I had the temerity to buy my own house but once I start dribbling and messing myself I will have to pay for my own care home, which will quite possibly be the same care home the lady in the aforementioned family will got to for free. We are not far off the same age but I will have to sell my house while she will get the same as me.

All this doesn't bother you of course as you are probably a young man who knows everything about life. You come across as somewhat arrogant, if you don't mind me saying, although I do agree with you about people owning several properties which restricts young people getting on the property ladder.
I just thought we were listing the people we could blame for our woes - that is after all why people blame immigrants isn't it?

I must have missed the memo about not having to work a life time.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Is it not the case that in one way all another we are all in a minority group so should just get on with life and not worry about blaming any other minority for how our life is as there's sod all we can really do about it
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

Spot on 55. :thumb
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:32 pm Is it not the case that in one way all another we are all in a minority group so should just get on with life and not worry about blaming any other minority for how our life is as there's sod all we can really do about it
Yep, but what about the immigrants?
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:46 pm
.....that is after all why people blame immigrants isn't it?
Actually, no!! and you are attempting to misinterpret what others have said; namely it is not immigrants per se only those economic migrants that arrive with absolutely nothing having heard on the grape vine that once in the UK they are given free accommodation, benefits and spending money!

If you can't appreciate how that situation riles a very large percentage of the population it is obviously impossible to sensibly conduct a conversation with you.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

eltorrro wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:36 pm
Actually, no!! and you are attempting to misinterpret what others have said; namely it is not immigrants per se only those economic migrants that arrive with absolutely nothing having heard on the grape vine that once in the UK they are given free accommodation, benefits and spending money!

If you can't appreciate how that situation riles a very large percentage of the population it is obviously impossible to sensibly conduct a conversation with you.
The situation you have outlined isn't true though. Do you get so riled by other fairy tales?

Immigrants are net contributions to the economy, and are less likely to claim benefits.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:32 pm Is it not the case that in one way all another we are all in a minority group so should just get on with life and not worry about blaming any other minority for how our life is as there's sod all we can really do about it
Just another minority group not doing me or my family any harm so not really bothered more important things in life like when do Lincoln tickets go on sale
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 pm

The situation you have outlined isn't true though. Do you get so riled by other fairy tales?

Immigrants are net contributions to the economy, and are less likely to claim benefits.
So you believe in fairy tales then. Many undoubtedly do but those that hope across the Channel or arrive here illegally are a drain on the economy.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 pm
Just another minority group not doing me or my family any harm so not really bothered more important things in life like when do Lincoln tickets go on sale
I'm going down the nuclear bunker. 100% agreement.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

You see, you have just endorsed what I said. Where oh where do you get your 'facts' from or do you just imagine them?
I seem to recall it costs the government something like £6b a year for asylum seekers so they would have to be high income earners to contribute to the economy. Oh but of course they are not allowed to work are they so they cannot contribute..unless you mean the £47 a week they are given for food/clothes?
You are obviously a denialist and not worth discussing with so think we end this here. Byee :smt006
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

eltorrro wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:26 pm

You see, you have just endorsed what I said. Where oh where do you get your 'facts' from or do you just imagine them?
I seem to recall it costs the government something like £6b a year for asylum seekers so they would have to be high income earners to contribute to the economy. Oh but of course they are not allowed to work are they so they cannot contribute..unless you mean the £47 a week they are given for food/clothes?
You are obviously a denialist and not worth discussing with so think we end this here. Byee :smt006
University College London - Economics department and any other number of pieces of research into the topic. Also more recent research shows the majority of people now value the role of migrants to our country...

Economic migrants don't get the benefits your referring to that's what Alyssum Seekers are entitled to - which I thought you didn't mind... Per se?
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:16 pm

I just thought we were listing the people we could blame for our woes - that is after all why people blame immigrants isn't it?

I must have missed the memo about not having to work a life time.
As per usual you have the misquoted the post. Immigration hasn't been blamed for our woes but is part of them. Your final paragraph shows just what an arrogant person you are.