Nton v Derby

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Nton v Derby

Post by eltorrro »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:03 pm Sonny Bradley sent off
...and won't be able to play against us???? :smt005
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

A draw would have been a fantastic result for us so the Derby defeat.... wow. Makes no difference between the all important gap to 3rd place but makes us winning this thing a whole lot more possible. Brilliant.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well, if we don't go up this season, it won't be from a lack of trying - by all of our main competitors that is!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

My heart is shot. 14 minutes of extra time spent looking at the live score with that little red line underneath the time moving like a Cylon's eye visor. Then there is a glitch in the matrix at 90+10. Bugger, they've scored - no Sonny Bradley's been red-carded. Will this Cylon ever go away? Yes, Full-time is displayed. 14 sodding minutes. I feel drained.
Brilliant result. Thank you Derby. Up the RAMS - yer right up 'em.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Heh. Wasn’t expecting g to see a BSG reference on here today. 👌
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I have been looking at the Derby County fans forum, and also getting a bit of stick from a County supporter, with the common phrase that they are 'coming for us'. They are not settling for second place, no they are after top spot. I watched the second half of today's game and what I saw were two teams that were not very good. Northampton defended for long periods but Derby just didn't look like scoring, in fact Northampton hit the post.

If we don't go up this season we never will. We have had our fair share of lucky breaks this season but at the backdrop of a horrendous injury list.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

There was a stat on the bbc site that Northampton had never beaten Derby in all competitions- until today that is, fantastic result, starting to believe
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Just maybe it’s that Derby supporters want to spent another season going on every site possible boasting about having the best support in league one as they have for the last 2 years
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:22 pm I have been looking at the Derby County fans forum, and also getting a bit of stick from a County supporter, with the common phrase that they are 'coming for us'. They are not settling for second place, no they are after top spot. I watched the second half of today's game and what I saw were two teams that were not very good. Northampton defended for long periods but Derby just didn't look like scoring, in fact Northampton hit the post.

If we don't go up this season we never will. We have had our fair share of lucky breaks this season but at the backdrop of a horrendous injury list.
lol what forum is this? Is it the one where it’s not spelt properly and the topic calls us Pompy? If so there’s a story behind that.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:20 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:22 pm I have been looking at the Derby County fans forum, and also getting a bit of stick from a County supporter, with the common phrase that they are 'coming for us'. They are not settling for second place, no they are after top spot. I watched the second half of today's game and what I saw were two teams that were not very good. Northampton defended for long periods but Derby just didn't look like scoring, in fact Northampton hit the post.

lol what forum is this? Is it the one where it’s not spelt properly and the topic calls us Pompy? If so there’s a story behind that.
Yes that's the one, although that spelling is used quite often on other sites.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:32 pm

Ah. Well that forum had a well loved fan who had learning disabilities. The forum really took to him cause of his 100% positive enthusiasm for everything Derby. Even when they were doing crap he’d be there finding the silver lining in even the worst performances. But his spelling was apparently absolutely atrocious lol. Anyway he passed away late last year and the board took to using some of his more frequent misspellings as a way of paying homage to him. Pompy being one of them. I thought it was great seeing the outpouring of love for such a fan who might have otherwise gotten a load of stick on some other forums. Hearing his story was really heart warming to me and actually made me a fan of that particular forum. Genuinely hope they do get promoted this season as would be a fitting tribute for a well loved fan that obviously lives long in the heart for them.

Here is the thread in question. You’d need to have a heart of absolute stone not to be moved by the outpouring of love for the poor guy.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/42219-b4-for- ... /#comments
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:46 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:32 pm

Ah. Well that forum had a well loved fan who had learning disabilities. The forum really took to him cause of his 100% positive enthusiasm for everything Derby. Even when they were doing crap he’d be there finding the silver lining in even the worst performances. But his spelling was apparently absolutely atrocious lol. Anyway he passed away late last year and the board took to using some of his more frequent misspellings as a way of paying homage to him. Pompy being one of them. I thought it was great seeing the outpouring of love for such a fan who might have otherwise gotten a load of stick on some other forums. Hearing his story was really heart warming to me and actually made me a fan of that particular forum. Genuinely hope they do get promoted this season as would be a fitting tribute for a well loved fan that obviously lives long in the heart for them.

Here is the thread in question. You’d need to have a heart of absolute stone not to be moved by the outpouring of love for the poor guy.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/42219-b4-for- ... /#comments
Thanks for that. That was a nice little story. It shows that there is a human side in the days of keyboard anonymity.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

It should also be noted Stevenage in 7th spot, dropped 2 pts making it 21 pts between us and the 7th placed team ...ie the play offs, though of course not good enough at this point, is pretty much a certainty.
Div III. Call it what it is.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Down to us to take advantage of the situation win or draw our games keeps the pressure on the chasers. It’s written in the Stars PUP
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Obviously we are all studying the table and looking at all the different permutations and scenarios. Of course the run in will contain results that were not considered in these permutations, ie the result of the Northampton v Derby County game. I look at it, possibly too simplistically, but looking at how many games our opponents need to win in order to take our position. Derby County need to win 2 more games than us from one less game to play. Bolton need to win 3 more games than us with the same number of games left, which is 7 of course. Peterborough & Barnsley need to win 4 more games than us from 8 games remaining.

Looking at that most people would deduce that we are going up, except Pompey supporters. We have the same facts and figures to deal with but, as supporters of the club, we have an emotional attachment which doesn't enable us to make a rational assessment. A bit like when your team has a corner they need to score from in the last few minutes you don't really think they will. If your team is defending that corner and need to stop the opposition from scoring you worry that they will concede. Or your team has a penalty the big worry is that it will be missed but if it is your team facing the penalty its a definitely going in.