Wycombe

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Wycombe

Post by phat_chris »

1-3 Saydee!
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

phat_chris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 pm1-3 Saydee!
It's a quieter game for him but he has the quality to make great passes and score.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

PUP!
I am me, the universe and you.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

The most pessimistic among us must surely be starting to believe. Only Derby are now a threat for the title, surely?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

A good day with Bolton drawing, let’s face it we want to up as champions but the gap to 3rd is ever increasing, I think we are going up !
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric

Post by phat_chris »

11 points clear of Bolton with only 18 left to play for. 2 wins and 2 draws from the last 6 games guarantees promotion.
Last edited by phat_chris on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Amazing result. 5 clear at the top and 11 clear of the playoffs. Can’t wait til Tuesday. Managed to get tickets. Going to be an amazing atmosphere.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

phat_chris wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 pm 11 points clear of Bolton with only 18 left to play for. A win and 2 draws from the last 6 games guarantees promotion.
😻😻😻😻😻😻
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric

Post by phat_chris »

Sorry meant 2 wins and 2 draws. Edited to correct.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Is there anyone else as weak and feeble as me? I have become so nervous coming into these matches I have started to avoid watching the away games. Today I had to visit the toilet several times and I just checked the score on my phone when it got the better of me. Ashamedly I only started watching the game when Saydee scored our third goal. I am not finding games enjoyable, when we take the lead I just want the ref to blow the whistle. I just don't see them as games anymore as the result is so important. It is a ridiculous state to get into.

The thing is non Pompey fans see us as up already. It is a three horse race now between us Derby and Bolton but, as it stands, Bolton need to win 4 more games than Pompey to overtake them from 6 remaining games. If you were a Bolton fan you just wouldn't give them a chance. Only feeble Pompey fans do that.
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

The Derby game is huge. Two big clubs in League1/Div 3.

Great result today and a very good performance. A massive amount of belief.

Saydee, Saydee...
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Blue Walter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm Is there anyone else as weak and feeble as me? I have become so nervous coming into these matches I have started to avoid watching the away games. Today I had to visit the toilet several times and I just checked the score on my phone when it got the better of me. Ashamedly I only started watching the game when Saydee scored our third goal. I am not finding games enjoyable, when we take the lead I just want the ref to blow the whistle. I just don't see them as games anymore as the result is so important. It is a ridiculous state to get into.

The thing is non Pompey fans see us as up already. It is a three horse race now between us Derby and Bolton but, as it stands, Bolton need to win 4 more games than Pompey to overtake them from 6 remaining games. If you were a Bolton fan you just wouldn't give them a chance. Only feeble Pompey fans do that.
Shut up, Tralter
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Massive, massive win for us today. 8 points needed to guarantee promotion and 11 to guarantee the title. Takes a lot of pressure off the game on Tuesday, both sides might take the view that a point is a decent result now (us to win the title and Derby to finish second) although I'm sure both will set out to win the game. This group of players and staff have been rock solid mentally and deserve a huge amount of credit. Hopefully we can finish things off, starting on Tuesday night!
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

NSRailings wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm Is there anyone else as weak and feeble as me? I have become so nervous coming into these matches I have started to avoid watching the away games. Today I had to visit the toilet several times and I just checked the score on my phone when it got the better of me. Ashamedly I only started watching the game when Saydee scored our third goal. I am not finding games enjoyable, when we take the lead I just want the ref to blow the whistle. I just don't see them as games anymore as the result is so important. It is a ridiculous state to get into.

Shut up, Tralter

Tralter ???, or if you meant Traiter ????
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

You are not alone! You would think that the older you get the less stress you would feel about your sport. It hasn’t worked that way for me. As you say, other fans will think we are a shoe in. Not us. We worry onwards.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb