Derby County

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Derby County

Post by meakinsl »

Promotion is they key, but likewise would be disappointed not to go up as champions, but like us versus Leicester all those years ago (I can still get angry thinking about the game in the rain), really want to win it, wander what the trophy is like, is the championship one still the old div 1 one….

Hoping for a great game tomorrow but they can often turn out a damp squid like the city arsenal game Sunday - avoided the result all day, stayed up for match of the day - should have smelt a rat when it wasn’t up first !
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

meakinsl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:26 pm Promotion is they key, but likewise would be disappointed not to go up as champions, but like us versus Leicester all those years ago (I can still get angry thinking about the game in the rain), really want to win it, wander what the trophy is like, is the championship one still the old div 1 one….

Hoping for a great game tomorrow but they can often turn out a damp squid like the city arsenal game Sunday - avoided the result all day, stayed up for match of the day - should have smelt a rat when it wasn’t up first !
I agree with you about the Arsenal v City game. Modern football at its least entertaining worst, I watched it live. I also agree with you about the Leicester game too. According to Paul Merson, at the talk show he done with Jeff Stelling at the Kings a couple of months ago, the ref told him he couldn't abandon the game because Leicester were 2-0 up when the conditions got even worse. Likewise I agree with you about being disappointed if we don't go up as Champions too, especially after being top so long. I wonder if our stay at the top is some sort of record for League One.
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:11 pm
Walnut Whip wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:00 pm
meakinsl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:31 pm Well Bolton didn’t mess about - put 5 past Reading, mind you in a former life we put 7 past them !
To be fair Meakins we should have scored at least 7 ourselves today missing two simple one on ones with the keeper and giving away two silly goals faffing about at the back. All in all though we were brilliant today and when we play at that pace few can live with us. Obviously I’m hoping you beat Derby tomorrow but the danger is you slack off and they pinch the win which despite your apparent unassailable lead could lead to you slipping up if you also lose to ourselves. Clearly you want to consolidate both promotion and the title as soon as possible so even settling for a draw could hamper that. Results should never be taken for granted especially at this time of the season so I’m sure Mousino will want to get the job done as soon as possible so good luck tomorrow and a 2 or 3 goal margin win would be even more appreciated. 😁
Fair comments but to be honest many of us don’t give a monkeys about the title anywhere in the top 2 will do just to get out of this league
Let’s be honest ourselves Derby and Bolton should not be at this bl**dy level
Just a point regarding Bolton do you as a fan condone the rip off prices they charge away fans
£30 for a league one game plus £19 for a kid and the fact they have only given us 2400 tickets at these prices when others got 5000
I agree that promotion is the main thing 55 but you’ve been at the top so long now and have proved the most consistent you deserve the title. I agree on yourselves, Derby and us would be the perfect trio but you have to earn it and only one of us, or others of course can go up automatically and if you do the job tonight it’s all in the mix again for us. There’s always the play offs but they’re such a lottery. As for the ticket prices, I agree with the twenty’s plenty agenda but we’ve had the same prices charged for some of our trips. As for the ticket numbers, I suppose given the importance (hopefully?) of this match assuming you do Derby, I suspect that filling the away end might be seen as a danger given that as was the case yesterday we could use the South Stand to boost our own fans numbers. Either way best of luck tonight and a win will surely confirm both promotion and the title for you as well as opening up second place again. 😁
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

I think tonight will have a bit of everything and be a great game to watch. We now have a lot of key players who can change a game. No idea who the starting 11 will be, but we will win. 2-1.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Absolutely hoofing it down. Be just me luck if it gets called off after already spending an extra night I wasn’t planning on!

I’m sure it won’t. Imagine it takes a lot to call off a game these days. But just my luck if it does lol. Got a four hour drive to Norfolk after the game as well.

P.S. penguin hat is back. Sitting in north stand. Block G. Row M. Come say hello if you see a be11end in a penguin hat!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:23 pm Absolutely hoofing it down. Be just me luck if it gets called off after already spending an extra night I wasn’t planning on!

I’m sure it won’t. Imagine it takes a lot to call off a game these days. But just my luck if it does lol. Got a four hour drive to Norfolk after the game as well.

P.S. penguin hat is back. Sitting in north stand. Block G. Row M. Come say hello if you see a be11end in a penguin hat!
I’m a bit worried about the fact that you have seen three wins in a row. Four in a row? If we do win be wary of returning if we need the points 😀😀😀. Have a safe trip home.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Norris, Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Ogilvie, Evans, Pack (c), Kamara, Saydee, Lane, Bishop

Subs: Macey, Swanson, Sparkes, Moxon, Whyte, Anjorin, Yengi

Evans starts for the first time. Mousinho loves to spring surprises. Good to see Saydee starting again. That's a hell of a bench as well.
Last edited by NSRailings on Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Team:
Norris
Rafferty
Shagger
Raggett
Ogilvie
Evans
Pack
Kamara
Lane
Saydee
Bishop

Snap
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

They are here for the taking.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by phat_chris »

1-2 down at HT. Work to do second half.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Can anyone remember when we last won a televised match?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Mickemo »

We beat Bolton 2-1 Yengi masterclass against Santos
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Mickemo »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:53 pm They are here for the taking.
I just said the same to my teenage lad (who is all gloom/doom).

We are still very much in this game - next goal is critical
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Atmosphere seems a bit flat.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Mickemo wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:06 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:53 pm They are here for the taking.
I just said the same to my teenage lad (who is all gloom/doom).

We are still very much in this game - next goal is critical
Yep, if we score next it's game on.