Derby County

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 111 times

Derby County

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I`m not sure they will come aiming for a point. They have got a good away record but have lost 6 matches, including Barnsley, Bolton & Stevenage. The only top 6ish side they have beaten is Peterborough. Therefore the suggestion is that they are vulnerable away from home. In the caldron of a night match under the lights at Fratton Park perhaps they might fold. We hope
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Derby County

Post by Sam_Brown »

I’m hopeful for a performance akin to the one against Bolton. I’ve been to three games this season and we won all three. Here’s hoping it’s 4 out of 4!

Mathematically I’d take a draw against Derby and Bolton but I’d like to see a bit of swagger and dominate the remainder of the season. Let’s go out with a bang. Not limping over the finish line!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

If I was in their position I wouldn't come for a point, I would be coming for a win. They are 6 clear of Bolton, who have a game in hand on them. I am quite sure they will take a point, but 3 would be far more preferable surely.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

It doesn't matter what they come for - we can beat anyone in this league.

Our team are, together and focused.
Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Post by Hamburg Skate »

Brings back happy memories.!
Lets hope for a similar result.

Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:58 am I’ve been to three games this season and we won all three. Here’s hoping it’s 4 out of 4!
Pah, that's nothing, I've not seen Pompey lose since BC*

(* Before Covid)
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:08 pm Our team are, together and focused.
Exactly. There's a huge squad feeling going on that will see us over the line. Whatever happens on Tuesday, complacency won't be allowed :thumb
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Whatever happens on Tuesday Derby fans will still be boasting that they have the best average away support in league one and maybe the same next season
I looked it up maybe it’s because our average trip is third only to Carlisle and Exeter at 340 miles whilst theirs is equal shortest average trip at 210 miles
Guess those midweek treks are so much more difficult for them 😂
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:04 pm Whatever happens on Tuesday Derby fans will still be boasting that they have the best average away support in league one and maybe the same next season
I looked it up maybe it’s because our average trip is third only to Carlisle and Exeter at 340 miles whilst theirs is equal shortest average trip at 210 miles
Guess those midweek treks are so much more difficult for them 😂
Points win the league.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I would think that tonights game concerning Bolton will have a bearing on how Derby approach tomorrows game. From our position, as it stands, Bolton need to win 4 more games than us to get above us from 6 remaining games. If they fail to win tonight that deficit changes to 5 games. From Derby's prospective they are 6 points ahead having played 1 more game. That means Bolton need to win one more game and a draw more than Derby as Derby have a better goal difference. That is how it stands now but a failure by Bolton tonight will mean Derby will be two/ three game to the advantage. This being the case could see Derby modify their approach against us to being more cautious tomorrow night.

Looking at the Derby fans forum most posters think their team will struggle against Pompey and predict a defeat. However, they are confident that their team will accrue enough points to get promotion. Also they believe that their cause is helped by Bolton having to play Pompey, which they think Bolton will lose. There is still Bullish talk or their team winning the league, which is what the Derby players are saying is possible and is their aim.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Well Bolton didn’t mess about - put 5 past Reading, mind you in a former life we put 7 past them !
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Today doesn’t change the situation for us it’s still 8 points from 6 games to be 100% sure that’s assuming Bolton win every remaining game
Or 7 from 6 if it’s Peterborough or Barnsley again winning every game
However these results today put real pressure on Derby to win games so don’t expect them to sit back and play for a draw tomorrow which should benefit us on the break with the pace we have up front
Maybe play Bishop as a 10 with Yengi up front to exploit that pace even more
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

meakinsl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:31 pm Well Bolton didn’t mess about - put 5 past Reading, mind you in a former life we put 7 past them !
To be fair Meakins we should have scored at least 7 ourselves today missing two simple one on ones with the keeper and giving away two silly goals faffing about at the back. All in all though we were brilliant today and when we play at that pace few can live with us. Obviously I’m hoping you beat Derby tomorrow but the danger is you slack off and they pinch the win which despite your apparent unassailable lead could lead to you slipping up if you also lose to ourselves. Clearly you want to consolidate both promotion and the title as soon as possible so even settling for a draw could hamper that. Results should never be taken for granted especially at this time of the season so I’m sure Mousino will want to get the job done as soon as possible so good luck tomorrow and a 2 or 3 goal margin win would be even more appreciated. 😁
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Walnut Whip wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:00 pm
meakinsl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:31 pm Well Bolton didn’t mess about - put 5 past Reading, mind you in a former life we put 7 past them !
To be fair Meakins we should have scored at least 7 ourselves today missing two simple one on ones with the keeper and giving away two silly goals faffing about at the back. All in all though we were brilliant today and when we play at that pace few can live with us. Obviously I’m hoping you beat Derby tomorrow but the danger is you slack off and they pinch the win which despite your apparent unassailable lead could lead to you slipping up if you also lose to ourselves. Clearly you want to consolidate both promotion and the title as soon as possible so even settling for a draw could hamper that. Results should never be taken for granted especially at this time of the season so I’m sure Mousino will want to get the job done as soon as possible so good luck tomorrow and a 2 or 3 goal margin win would be even more appreciated. 😁
Fair comments but to be honest many of us don’t give a monkeys about the title anywhere in the top 2 will do just to get out of this league
Let’s be honest ourselves Derby and Bolton should not be at this bl**dy level
Just a point regarding Bolton do you as a fan condone the rip off prices they charge away fans
£30 for a league one game plus £19 for a kid and the fact they have only given us 2400 tickets at these prices when others got 5000
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Speak for yourself, having been top for so long not to win the league would be bitterly disappointing.

Also, I don't quite get the animosity towards league one - it's certainly more fun winning games than losing more... Which is likely to happen should we be promoted.