Lincoln tickets

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Lincoln tickets

Post by Pompey55 »

On sale tomorrow starting at 80 points club are saying it’s unlikely that anyone one with less will get tickets
Guess I might have to cancel my coach as I’ve got 79 bl**dy points
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Lincoln tickets

Post by Sam_Brown »

If I could give you one 55 I would.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:24 pm If I could give you one 55 I would.
If I misinterpreted that comment Mrs 55 would be upset😂

But seriously reading between the lines they are effectively saying about 1000 people have that number of points so I would guess some will not want the early start so I’m logging on at 1130 to either start or join the queue
For Bolton the queue at 70 points was 350 at 1150 so here’s hoping
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

At least it will all be wrapped up before last game of season... Hopefully.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:09 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:24 pm If I could give you one 55 I would.
If I misinterpreted that comment Mrs 55 would be upset😂

Well how badly do you want a ticket :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Annoying, but fair in my opinion. I have 67 points. Gutted.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Nice place for a weekend away and a few beers Lincoln.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:56 pm Annoying, but fair in my opinion. I have 67 points. Gutted.
Agree it's fair as those above us have earned their points just gutted to miss out by 1 point will still try at 1300
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

@Pompey55 did tickets make it far enough for you?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

No was on line exactly 1300 having logged in a little earlier and not even single tickets available let alone 2 together
That's life I had similar early last season when I was building up points guess I'll just carry on next season
Luckily we have tickets for the other 3 games including Saturday which is more than some people
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:31 pm No was on line exactly 1300 having logged in a little earlier and not even single tickets available let alone 2 together
That's life I had similar early last season when I was building up points guess I'll just carry on next season
Luckily we have tickets for the other 3 games including Saturday which is more than some people
Yep - I was hoping we got more for Saturday so I could pop across before the two days off work for Tuesday night.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:22 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:31 pm No was on line exactly 1300 having logged in a little earlier and not even single tickets available let alone 2 together
Yep - I was hoping we got more for Saturday so I could pop across before the two days off work for Tuesday night.
To add insult to injury Lucketts only give me back half the cost of the coach tickets thought that a bit mean considering how much they have had from me for the last 2 years travel
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

After some period of reflection after missing out on tickets despite attending the majority of games over the last 2 seasons I feel that I'm getting on my hobby horse again
The current loyalty scheme whereby points last forever is preventing the growth of our away fan base
Had we attended every away game plus our season tickets the maximum points we could possibly have is 90 as we were excluded from some games last year due to lack of points I would suggest only fans with 3+ years points would have got tickets yesterday therefore that will always be the case as unless points are time limited the thresholds will rise and perpetuate this.
Surely it's reasonable to award loyalty and still allow younger/newer away fans to be part of that as they mature,and are able to attend matches otherwise we will end up with a hard-core of older fans or the same old faces every week
There are rumours that the club may look at amending the system over the summer whilst still taking into account the needs of this hard-core of older fans after yesterday I think it's becoming obvious this is needed if we want to continue to grow our fan base
That's it rant over
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 am After some period of reflection after missing out on tickets despite attending the majority of games over the last 2 seasons I feel that I'm getting on my hobby horse again
The current loyalty scheme whereby points last forever is preventing the growth of our away fan base
Had we attended every away game plus our season tickets the maximum points we could possibly have is 90 as we were excluded from some games last year due to lack of points I would suggest only fans with 3+ years points would have got tickets yesterday therefore that will always be the case as unless points are time limited the thresholds will rise and perpetuate this.
Surely it's reasonable to award loyalty and still allow younger/newer away fans to be part of that as they mature,and are able to attend matches otherwise we will end up with a hard-core of older fans or the same old faces every week
There are rumours that the club may look at amending the system over the summer whilst still taking into account the needs of this hard-core of older fans after yesterday I think it's becoming obvious this is needed if we want to continue to grow our fan base
That's it rant over
I hear you 55, it's a really tricky one. I have thought this for a while now, but I am not sure what a fairer solution is? Perhaps a mix of loyalty and ballot? For me this is one of the most significant reasons that we need to get out of this darn league. Most clubs in the Championship will have far bigger away fan ticket allocations, so this issue will become less of a problem.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:59 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 am After some period of reflection after missing out on tickets despite attending the majority of games over the last 2 seasons I feel that I'm getting on my hobby horse again
That's it rant over
I hear you 55, it's a really tricky one. I have thought this for a while now, but I am not sure what a fairer solution is? Perhaps a mix of loyalty and ballot? For me this is one of the most significant reasons that we need to get out of this darn league. Most clubs in the Championship will have far bigger away fan ticket allocations, so this issue will become less of a problem.
What brought this on was my granddaughter bringing to my attention some posts elsewhere in which people were boasting about getting tickets because they had 200 points who when challenged were adamant that points should last forever.
She commented that they were built up over 5 years and ours over 2 years but we would always be at a disadvantage if points last so long. It was her who pointed out that people of her generation are our supporters of the future but seem to be treated as second class citizens by the "old guard" who will not be here forever