So... BOLTON

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

So... BOLTON

Post by Pompski! »

Can we do the business tomorrow with a few games spare? It's going to be one hell of a game methinks.
Bolton are going to give everything and I feel Pompey want to get it done asap. I'm feeling it!! :thumb
I am me, the universe and you.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: So... BOLTON

Post by NSRailings »

I think you're right. We've had a week to rest a bit after Shrewsbury when some players looked tired. And with Barnsley on Tuesday I think they'll be really wanting to win and avoid another intense game. It would be great to do it at Fratton but I'd rather we got it done asap.

Heart says 2-1 us, head says a draw. We'll need some Yengi swagger, Saydee bulldozing, Pack spray passing and Raggett destruction amongst other things. But we can do it!

Am going to be out and about so can't listen to commentary 😬. It'll be live text updates.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

Well with a packed stadium today it should at least be a cracking atmosphere. I’m sure you boys would much rather celebrate confirming the title in front of your own fans at Fratton rather than at some far flung northern outpost so I’ll forgive you for holding back and allowing us our own celebration of sorts. You’ve got four goes at it but if we lose today, or even draw, unless Posh and Derby also slip up it takes things out of our hands again and we don’t want to do that again this season. We’re strong at home and if we bring our best game I believe we’ll win but you never know with Wanderers we can be so unpredictable and it’s your consistency this year that’s been so impressive. The Yenghi/Santos battle will be worth seeing if Yenghi plays but I have a feeling Rico won’t be so unprepared this time. Any way, safe journey to those travelling and let’s look forward to a cracking game not spoiled by poor refereeing and may the best team win. 😁
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Walnut Whip wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:09 am ... and may the best team win. 😁
I'm sure we will :lol:
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Walnut Whip wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:09 am Well with a packed stadium today it should at least be a cracking atmosphere. I’m sure you boys would much rather celebrate confirming the title in front of your own fans at Fratton rather than at some far flung northern outpost so I’ll forgive you for holding back and allowing us our own celebration of sorts. You’ve got four goes at it but if we lose today, or even draw, unless Posh and Derby also slip up it takes things out of our hands again and we don’t want to do that again this season. We’re strong at home and if we bring our best game I believe we’ll win but you never know with Wanderers we can be so unpredictable and it’s your consistency this year that’s been so impressive. The Yenghi/Santos battle will be worth seeing if Yenghi plays but I have a feeling Rico won’t be so unprepared this time. Any way, safe journey to those travelling and let’s look forward to a cracking game not spoiled by poor refereeing and may the best team win. 😁
Part of me wants Pompey to get the job done ASAP by winning today. On the other hand a draw today and then securing it all on Tuesday, at home, would be a great occasion for everyone connected to our football club. There are worse things in the world but watching another team celebrating at your ground is not the best so you have my commiserations if this is the case today.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Absolutely no doubt here. A win and we can all relax. Lose and the doubts will creep in. Spare a thought for Leicester fans. They must be distraught at how things have gone in recent weeks.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

New Forester wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:35 am Absolutely no doubt here. A win and we can all relax. Lose and the doubts will creep in. Spare a thought for Leicester fans. They must be distraught at how things have gone in recent weeks.
I am trying not to spare a thought for Leicester City fans after they knocked out of the Play Offs a few years back. I went to both games and it still rankles. Add in the waterlogged game in the as well.
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:24 am
Walnut Whip wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:09 am ... and may the best team win. 😁
I'm sure we will :lol:
And if you do well done to you because you’ll have deserved it but I wouldn’t be just quite so confident if I were you. 😎
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Will be a intriguing well fought match inevitably with these must win matches they end in draws.In terms of our team I’m going with the Moxon Pack in midfield. Although we played Evans v Derby l think it left us more open in defence. Evans didn’t have the fitness to get back to help our defence. Upfront I’d go with Bishop alongside trumpet 🎺 Lang ??? If not Tino defence as usual Raffs instead of Swanson
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Mickemo »

Not wanting to be a party pooper but I think Bolton will win today…purely because they have to keep their auto promotion hopes alive.

Of course I will be ecstatic if we win (a draw will be more than fine too).

PUP!
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Worth keeping an eye on the Derby and Peterborough matches today as well. If my maths is right we could lose and still be promoted if they also lose.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:46 pm Will be a intriguing well fought match inevitably with these must win matches they end in draws.In terms of our team I’m going with the Moxon Pack in midfield. Although we played Evans v Derby l think it left us more open in defence. Evans didn’t have the fitness to get back to help our defence. Upfront I’d go with Bishop alongside trumpet 🎺 Lang ??? If not Tino defence as usual Raffs instead of Swanson
Yes Lang in the team now do you want to know who’s going to win the grand national 😂
Last edited by jam tomorrow on Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:05 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:46 pm Will be a intriguing well fought match inevitably with these must win matches they end in draws.In terms of our team I’m going with the Moxon Pack in midfield. Although we played Evans v Derby l think it left us more open in defence. Evans didn’t have the fitness to get back to help our defence. Upfront I’d go with Bishop alongside trumpet 🎺 Lang ??? If not Tino defence as usual Raffs instead of Swanson
Yes LANG in the team now do you want to know who’s going to win the grand national 😂
-- Diane Johnson
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Team:
Norris
Rafferty
Raggett
Shaggers