Will We Get The Job Done?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Will We Get The Job Done?

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

On Tuesday?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: Will We Get The Job Done?

Post by Pompey55 »

Promotion yes I think we will draw so the title will need to wait until Saturday
Barnsley I think will come for a point and maybe rest players for the key game against Blackpool on Saturday
If they come to attack then our pace upfront will be critical as they could leave themselves open to counter attacks
Last edited by Pompey55 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I hope so as I’ve got a ticket 🤣
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

I hope we are patient and play our usual game I think there will be at least two changes I think Paddy Lane will be replaced by Whyte and Moxon replaced by Anjorin lets not let the occasion get to us keep cool and show our class. I think Barnsley will park the bus and do a lot of blocking to try and frustrate us.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:36 am Promotion yes I think we will draw so the title will need to wait until Saturday
Barnsley I think will come for a point and maybe rest players for the key game against Blackpool on Saturday
If they come to attack then our pace upfront will be critical as they could leave themselves open to counter attacks
They are in appalling form.

They have also sold less than 300 tickets.

I think we will do them.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:00 pm I hope we are patient and play our usual game I think there will be at least two changes I think Paddy Lane will be replaced by Whyte and Moxon replaced by Anjorin lets not let the occasion get to us keep cool and show our class. I think Barnsley will park the bus and do a lot of blocking to try and frustrate us.
I would if Lane is to be out put Lang on the wing and Saydee in the pocket still not been convinced by Whyte as he was ok but nothing special on Saturday and certainly can't or will not defend or tackle like Lane whos form has tailed off recently
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

I will also be there. I think Saydee should definitely start. He can create chances and has real skill and determination.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 47 times

Post by phat_chris »

We'll get the job done. 3 points in front of the home crowd and let the celebrations begin.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I hope so, I can't stand the stress anymore. Surely we are going to get the one point we need for promotion with three to play. Supporters of other League One clubs have already conceded us the title, but I can't relax until we get that point.

I have been in a few scrapes during my lifetime including twice facing possible death. I have been involved in so many dramas and situations, including football promotions & relegation, Cup Finals and the threat of seeing our club disappear. Yet I can't work out why this particular situation has got to me in the way it has. I need this situation sorted.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 33 times

Post by StMonkton »

Hear,hear BW.

I will sleep easier when it is finally settled. It has been a long season and a long wait for a season like this.

Get it done!
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 pm I hope so, I can't stand the stress anymore. Surely we are going to get the one point we need for promotion with three to play. Supporters of other League One clubs have already conceded us the title, but I can't relax until we get that point.

I have been in a few scrapes during my lifetime including twice facing possible death. I have been involved in so many dramas and situations, including football promotions & relegation, Cup Finals and the threat of seeing our club disappear. Yet I can't work out why this particular situation has got to me in the way it has. I need this situation sorted.
It's an age thing. As I have got older I find that I tend to worry more easily about things, and you are probably the same.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 pm I hope so, I can't stand the stress anymore. Surely we are going to get the one point we need for promotion with three to play. Supporters of other League One clubs have already conceded us the title, but I can't relax until we get that point.

I get this completely. I have found that the older I have got the more tense I get following sport. Strangely, it didn’t apply to my active participation in sport. Even in a tight league table tennis match I remained calm. Watching is quite different. I cannot get out of my head the possibility that we might lose our last three games while Derby and Bolton win all of their remaining games and we fail in the play offs. Surely not? 😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:11 pm

It's an age thing. As I have got older I find that I tend to worry more easily about things, and you are probably the same.

That's what I have put it down to. Without getting too morbid the older you get the less chance of seeing your club succeed. I know, and understand, the club have steadily built up under the Eisner's in a sensible and pragmatic way. We have watched the club being re built "brick by brick" so that it can survive at a higher level, the sensible way. The trouble is that after watching them for 70 years, or so, pragmatism and sensibility wears a bit thin when time is not on your side. I suppose you can become over eager to see the things you want to see. Also I think that with age it brings on a sense of wisdom and experience you could really do without.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

New Forester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:39 pm

I get this completely. I have found that the older I have got the more tense I get following sport. Strangely, it didn’t apply to my active participation in sport. Even in a tight league table tennis match I remained calm. Watching is quite different. I cannot get out of my head the possibility that we might lose our last three games while Derby and Bolton win all of their remaining games and we fail in the play offs. Surely not? 😀😀
There, you have said it. My thoughts exactly.
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

You are the nearest thing to a dead cert and even if you draw vs Barnsley you are promoted and will need one point for the title.
I think a packed Fratton Park tomorrow will see a win and the title and heaven help me you deserve it.
Relax and enjoy.