Will We Get The Job Done?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Re: Will We Get The Job Done?

Post by Blue Walter »

itsaintfunny wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:12 pm You are the nearest thing to a dead cert and even if you draw vs Barnsley you are promoted and will need one point for the title.
I think a packed Fratton Park tomorrow will see a win and the title and heaven help me you deserve it.
Relax and enjoy.
Thanks for being a friendly foe.
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

Get ready for the pitch invasion!!
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Rjk66 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:16 pm Get ready for the pitch invasion!!
Think it will happen but following the warnings from EFL old bill and the club I would imagine they will want to make an example of some poor sods if they can
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:11 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 pm I hope so, I can't stand the stress anymore. Surely we are going to get the one point we need for promotion with three to play. Supporters of other League One clubs have already conceded us the title, but I can't relax until we get that point.

I have been in a few scrapes during my lifetime including twice facing possible death. I have been involved in so many dramas and situations, including football promotions & relegation, Cup Finals and the threat of seeing our club disappear. Yet I can't work out why this particular situation has got to me in the way it has. I need this situation sorted.
It's an age thing. As I have got older I find that I tend to worry more easily about things, and you are probably the same.
I don’t think it is an age thing all I’ve had for the last few weeks is my granddaughter saying “I know we are going to blow it”
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Personally I think there won't be a pitch invasion tomorrow night. I think the club will appeal to the supporters not to come on to the pitch. I think the EFL will wait until Saturday to give out medals and cups on our last day of the season. That's even if anything is settled tomorrow night but leaving it until Saturday all the necessary arrangements can be made. Hopefully we will get the necessary points but after tomorrow's game all we will get is a little 'P' next to our name in the table. Or better still a 'C' next to our name.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:14 pm Personally I think there won't be a pitch invasion tomorrow night. I think the club will appeal to the supporters not to come on to the pitch. I think the EFL will wait until Saturday to give out medals and cups on our last day of the season. That's even if anything is settled tomorrow night but leaving it until Saturday all the necessary arrangements can be made. Hopefully we will get the necessary points but after tomorrow's game all we will get is a little 'P' next to our name in the table. Or better still a 'C' next to our name.
I disagree after my experience on Saturday with some of the younger taking any seat they wanted plus boasting about getting in without a ticket by claiming their phone wasn’t working and ignoring my requests to watch out for kids and ladies that a pitch invasion is inevitable
I think there is a certain cohort who will ignore all pleas not to invade the pitch as to them it will be a badge of honour to post it on social media
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:34 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:14 pm Personally I think there won't be a pitch invasion tomorrow night. I think the club will appeal to the supporters not to come on to the pitch. I think the EFL will wait until Saturday to give out medals and cups on our last day of the season. That's even if anything is settled tomorrow night but leaving it until Saturday all the necessary arrangements can be made. Hopefully we will get the necessary points but after tomorrow's game all we will get is a little 'P' next to our name in the table. Or better still a 'C' next to our name.
I disagree after my experience on Saturday with some of the younger taking any seat they wanted plus boasting about getting in without a ticket by claiming their phone wasn’t working and ignoring my requests to watch out for kids and ladies that a pitch invasion is inevitable
I think there is a certain cohort who will ignore all pleas not to invade the pitch as to them it will be a badge of honour to post it on social media
I agree with you but hope we are both wrong
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:37 pm
What if Ragget scores though?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:47 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:37 pm
What if Ragget scores though?
Only applies at away games
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Just setting off
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am Just setting off
Damn. I thought I had it bad! Leaving work early at 3. Three hour trip down, game then three hour trip right back and up at 6 tomorrow!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 am
Damn. I thought I had it bad! Leaving work early at 3. Three hour trip down, game then three hour trip right back and up at 6 tomorrow!
Two days off work for me. Not helped by the fact I'm on the train for part of the journey.

Get down to Pompey quite early for a mooch about and see some friends and family before having a pint or two.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 am
Two days off work for me. Not helped by the fact I'm on the train for part of the journey.

Get down to Pompey quite early for a mooch about and see some friends and family before having a pint or two.
Have a great trip everyone.

I'm working in London today but will be viewing on iFollow - not just listening to the radio commentary. Pompey's video coverage has been surprisingly good recently.

PUP!
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Have a good trip all. I won't be leaving home until about 4.45pm to drive to son's house and we will go together from there.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 am Have a good trip all. I won't be leaving home until about 4.45pm to drive to son's house and we will go together from there.
Looks like I am lucky one leaving home about 6:30 with a gentle 25 minute stroll to the ground few beers with tea before I leave