Most enduring moment this season

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 129 times

Most enduring moment this season

Post by Blue Walter »

With the way this season has panned out I would think it is difficult to nominate one specific moment. There are probably many isolated incidents that have been memorable such as Moxon's goal against Derby. I had given up thinking we would get anything out of that game and the team had run out of ideas, then up stepped Moxon with a sublime effort. A moment that can't be explained or legislated for by tactics or planning, it was just a thing that happens in football since the game was invented.

My most enduring moment for me happened on Tuesdays game against Barnsley. The winning goal that sealed the Championship. It was not an enjoyable game for 80 minutes. Sitting watching and trying to work out all the different permutations, assuming we were going to lose the game. Not so much the goal itself, although it was good, it was the celebration afterwards. Shaughnessy scored and ran to the corner in front of the Fratton End followed by the Pompey team. When you look at the highlights you can see all the players running, in a straight line, making their way over to Shaughnessy with their arms raised. I noticed that at the game but watching it back it is a brilliant sight.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: Most enduring moment this season

Post by Pompey55 »

Many seem strange picking one of our losing games but for me a turning point showing the affinity the fans and team have was Blackpool at home with the constant chant 4 nil down who gives a f*** we are Portsmouth City and were are going up
That showed this season was going to be special in my view
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I think Chesterfield was a big moment too. We lost two players that day, we also played crap,.

I think Tino has looked sharp since coming back, for the right price and the right contract I think he looks like the sort of rough diamond that might be worth keeping in our collection.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

The third goal in my only match of the season wearing my 4-0 All Over It woolly hat. Thought I was going to be lynched. Remember the Leyton Orient game? The only consolation was they didn’t score again.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by NSRailings »

Difficult. Shaughnessy's late goal against Carlisle is one, along with Saydee's first league goal.

But I'll go with the "blue army" chant against Oxford. We've had it since but that one was quite moving.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

The Peterborough game was great for me. You’d have thought we were the home team! Winning that game was the first time I started to believe we might actually do it.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix