Lincoln City

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Lincoln City

Post by pompeygunner »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm
NSRailings wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm Trust JM to throw a curved ball be interesting to see how this team shapes up with two key players missing. Pack and Rags absence leaves a big hole but in exchange we’ve got MPH and Tino playing together.Towler has a chance to prove himself. Not sure whether we should call this a weakened team but probably confused Lincoln in terms of who and how we play
It is typical Mousinho and I don't blame him. The Q&A in Vital Lincoln City's post gives away a lot of our tactics etc that Lincoln would have been watching anyway. So why not make a change when there's nothing really important at stake.
I don't think it had anything to do with 'curve balls' because Lincoln would have known all about our players anyway. I know he does that with injuries by saying that whoever is not fit enough to play, and then plays them. I happen to think that three of our best players were missing, two of them not in the squad, which makes our team potentially weaker. We need not have worried though as it turned out as the team was too good for Lincoln anyway, but there would have been flak had there been a different outcome.
But there wasn't a different outcome BlueWalter & thats the point. JM obviously knows what he's doing. We looked a level above them right from kick off. The commitment to win was there for all to see.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Tino had a good game.
MPH had moments and I think there is a player there, I think he needs games to see the best of him.

We made 6 changes. But the players we bought in are all good players we didn't play the kids.

Towler played some cracking balls at times too.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

As I said JM threw them a curved ball taken from Lincoln’s fan web
“ Not sure if it was because we expected them to line up differently but we looked off it in the first half and couldn't seem to come to terms with the way they moved the ball”.
Our coach is anything but predictable I hope we can keep Tino next season buy or loan he can take some of the burden off Pack.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson