Pompeyrama.com

A place for links to related websites. Only Moderators can post here, so please mail one of us and we will (in our infinite wisdom) decide if the link makes it here.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mesmo
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Pompeyrama.com

Post by Mesmo »

What an excellent site for bygone data

http://www.pompeyrama.com/home.html
Mesmo
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: Pompeyrama.com

Post by Mesmo »

This link takes you to the game we last played Swansea in

http://www.pompeyrama.com/pompey-fc-mat ... sea-0.html
pompey1985

Post by pompey1985 »

Rama we used to call the fat kid in school that, after Rama mohammed, who back at the time was the fattest man in the world.
Guernsey Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Guernsey Blue »

Cool. I've just found the last time we played them in the cup on there - 1972 - as I can remember standing on the Milton End terrace with my Dad, loads of Swansea fans behind us.

They were giving it all the "Land of my Fathers" stuff from the off, then we scored and shut them up for a while. Can still see an old boy standing just in front of them puffing away on a pipe which, when the initial hubbub after the goal had died down, he removed and said in an accent that was pure Pompey "How 'bout that for Land of my bl**dy Faaaaaathers then....."
I daren't think too much, so I drink too much
Mesmo
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by Mesmo »

Guernsey Blue wrote:Cool. I've just found the last time we played them in the cup on there - 1972 - as I can remember standing on the Milton End terrace with my Dad, loads of Swansea fans behind us.

They were giving it all the "Land of my Fathers" stuff from the off, then we scored and shut them up for a while. Can still see an old boy standing just in front of them puffing away on a pipe which, when the initial hubbub after the goal had died down, he removed and said in an accent that was pure Pompey "How 'bout that for Land of my bl**dy Faaaaaathers then....."
And me my first ever game watched .. 17th April 1965 (I always thought it was 1964) Cardiff city at home and we won 1-0