Smile4Rich Quiz & Curry Night - Sunday 30th May

This one is all for Chaaaarity - Not 'arf mate.
Any fundraising or information on your fave charities goes here. Also, any Board get-togethers like The Christmas Bash.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Smile4Rich Quiz & Curry Night - Sunday 30th May

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Knowing how some of you enjoy a quiz night, I thought you may like to know that we're holding a Quiz & Curry Night on Sunday 30th May at the Lock, Stock & Barrel pub in Locks Heath.

Entry is £6 per person and includes a curry supper. Teams should be of no more than 6 people and you need to confirm your entry by no later than next Thursday, 27th May (so we know how many to cater for).

The quiz is the finale of a whole weekend of fundraising at the pub, starting on the Friday evening with a Meatloaf tribute act. Saturday evening is Old School Disco Night (fancy dress is not mandatory but is likely to be worn by many).

Sunday afternoon is when things get messy, with the Lock Stock Barrel Run (think Field Gun Run but with barrels), a tug-o-war competition and my personaal favourite, the Bikini Car Wash!

All are welcome.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Smile4Rich Quiz & Curry Night - Sunday 30th May

Post by Milkins »

Jeeez - is Pomp still doing that bikini car wash thing?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Cheap as Chips NSS, no cooking, no washing up, a quiz and If my memory serves me right the Monday is a Bank Holiday. Good luck with it.
Kingofstar
Interim Manager

Post by Kingofstar »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Knowing how some of you enjoy a quiz night, I thought you may like to know that we're holding a Quiz & Curry Night on Sunday 30th May at the Lock, Stock & Barrel pub in Locks Heath.
I might not be able to do that one, but if you tell me the questions, can I enter in absentia? :wink:
It's not the despair, Lua Lua. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEdeKreB4w
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Morning all. Good to see a few of you on Sunday evening for the quiz & curry night. Lindford even managed to walk off with 2nd prize in the raffle - a 12.1 mpixel Sanyo camera. A total of £775.76 was raised for Smile4Rich over the weekend, comprising £220 from the quiz night, £413 from the raffle, and just over £90 from other activities/collections, so a great result for the charity.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Nice one NSS and well done to all concerned. Nice one Lindford.

NSS, not sure if you know, but when people view this place nowadays and click onto 'view latest posts' well, stickies are not shown. Just an idea as to why there was so little animo for this post.

I'll bet if I was there I would have won. :D