I can't believe I'm doing this, but....!!

This one is all for Chaaaarity - Not 'arf mate.
Any fundraising or information on your fave charities goes here. Also, any Board get-togethers like The Christmas Bash.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: I can't believe I'm doing this, but....!!

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Blown away - again!

Yep, weather has again caused the postponement of my jump tomorrow with the Red Devils. Unfortunately, there are no more dates available this year and I've now been re-scheduled to jump on 9th May 2012. Just what I needed, another 7 months to sweat over it!

Anyway, no point in leaving this thread hanging around any longer so couls someone perhaps move it to the charity section, please.

Really appreciate everyone's generous support and I promise I will do this bl**dy jump - eventually!

Cheers
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Good grief, you literally don't know if you're coming or going! Sorry to hear it's such a big delay now Sherl...

At least you have more 'fundraising time'! :D (I think you may even have broken the 'longest sticky' record - though hardly your fault, lol!) If it does get moved, remember to ask to have it put back in 'General' a good month or two before?

It's a helluva thing you're doing there!
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Yes mate, really hacked off that the weather has again intervened. 7 of the 10 jumping for S4W did their jumps last Thursday in near perfect conditions but they didn't have enough slots for me and the other two. I was there to watch and really wish I could have got it out of the way. Still, the 7 month delay will give me time to forget just how ****ing small the plane is that you jump from. At 13,000 feet through an 18x zoom lens you could barely see the plane and the 'divers' were invisible to the naked eye until their chutes opened 45 seconds and 8,000 feet after jumping!
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Jees, sounds an absolute 'mare! :D

(Blimey, I *bet* you wish you'd done it by now - well done for 'keeping the faith') lol!

8,000ft freefall in 45 secs?!! :shock: 1,000ft a second (very nearly)!!

Bwahahaha! :thumb
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Annie
Paul Merson

Post by Annie »

NSS, did you ever get to jump?? I realise you could have posted about it on here so apologies if that is so.