I can't believe I'm doing this, but....!!

This one is all for Chaaaarity - Not 'arf mate.
Any fundraising or information on your fave charities goes here. Also, any Board get-togethers like The Christmas Bash.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, General Mods

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Re: I can't believe I'm doing this, but....!!

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Pompski! wrote:Nice one NSS! It's something I'd love to do but not just yet. My stomach turns just imagining taht plane door opening and falling into thin air. :shock:

Rater you than me mate but good on you!
You will surprise yourself how eager you are to shuffle towards that noisy, open door and jump out on your very first go.

Sherl, you will love it and you will not stop grinning or talking about it for hours afterwards.

Haven't done this for a very long time, I may have to get back into it when I move back!
Kingofstar
Interim Manager

Post by Kingofstar »

You crazy, crazy bastard.

Will donate when I get a mo.

:thumb
It's not the despair, Lua Lua. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEdeKreB4w
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

kingofstar wrote:You crazy, crazy bastard.

Will donate when I get a mo.

:thumb
Thanks mate. Hugely appreciated and VERY generous of you :D
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

In Continent wrote:[Sherl, you will love it and you will not stop grinning or talking about it for hours afterwards.
A fixated expression of sheer terror is more likely, and everyone I know is hoping it will stop me from talking (for a while at least!).
Franco Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Franco Blue »

I want photo's.... not to prove you dunnit, I just wanna see the terror in your eyes..... I will sponsor you with 13000 feet of Andrex.............. oh alright searching the donation site right now for a cash donation.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

I am amazed Pompey in South Sussex has not responded :shock:
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Franco Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Franco Blue »

Going Down, Going Down, Going Down, Going Down,... But I hope you have good parachute payments... Bonn Chance Sherl!
Pompey In South Sussex
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey In South Sussex »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:I am amazed Pompey in South Sussex has not responded :shock:
Sorry chaps - had a hard few days at work and haven't been visiting..

Well done shirl... If I can be of any help with advice etc give me a shout...

(In case you didn't know, I was a professional skydiver for several years - and 2003 British champion! - see the signature I've used for years!)
If at first you don't succeed - don't try skydiving!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Hey guys, many thanks for the pledges. Your generosity overwhelms me and is greatly appreciated.

PinSS, no, I had no idea your were an expert (never mind a British champion!). Only advice I can think to ask for at present is....

How effective are incontinence pads, and will my bum look big in them under a jumping suit?

As for photographic evidence, if I hit my fundraising target I'll cough the £90 myself for the video option (where some other guy jumps alongside you and films your descent).
pompeypanther
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeypanther »

Done.

Good luck Sherl, hope you enjoy it!
"When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail...."
Pompey In South Sussex
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey In South Sussex »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:the video option (where some other guy jumps alongside you and films your descent).
As well as an instructor and coach in various skydiving disciplines, I was that guy!! I worked at Headcorn in Kent doing it all - along with regular paid instructional trips to Spain and California (usually Lake Elsinore, for info of our USA cousins) - A great 10 years or so, but a bad back forced me into skydiving retirement - and golf! Where's Wally's big brother and I did our first jump in 1982, but it was a few years before I returned seriously. Good times and I miss it. Ah well.
If at first you don't succeed - don't try skydiving!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

pompeypanther wrote:Done.

Good luck Sherl, hope you enjoy it!
Cheers PP, much appreciate your support.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Pompey In South Sussex wrote:
No Shot Sherlock wrote:the video option (where some other guy jumps alongside you and films your descent).
As well as an instructor and coach in various skydiving disciplines, I was that guy!! I worked at Headcorn in Kent doing it all - along with regular paid instructional trips to Spain and California (usually Lake Elsinore, for info of our USA cousins) - A great 10 years or so, but a bad back forced me into skydiving retirement - and golf! Where's Wally's big brother and I did our first jump in 1982, but it was a few years before I returned seriously. Good times and I miss it. Ah well.
In that case, do you have any old videos hanging around onto which you could edit my face? Perhaps I can convince everyone I've done the jump without actually needing to do it :wink:

Seriously though, sounds like you had a great time until the back issue. Maybe I'll feel differently after I've done it, but I still don't get the attraction. It's like playing Russian Roulette, but with a parachute replacing the revolver!
BaffinsBlue
Kev the Kitman

Post by BaffinsBlue »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:
Pompey In South Sussex wrote:
In that case, do you have any old videos hanging around onto which you could edit my face? Perhaps I can convince everyone I've done the jump without actually needing to do it :wink:
If you could persuade someone to shave their head and cut their legs off at the knees then it's job done.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

BaffinsBlue wrote:
No Shot Sherlock wrote:In that case, do you have any old videos hanging around onto which you could edit my face? Perhaps I can convince everyone I've done the jump without actually needing to do it :wink:
If you could persuade someone to shave their head and cut their legs off at the knees then it's job done.
Oi, it's me that's jumping, not Mrs Sherlock!

Many thanks for the donations. £280 already :thumb