Mourinho

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Mourinho

Post by New Forester »

He must have made a fortune out of failure in recent years.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Mourinho

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

yeah...I like the guy, great entertainment fer sure but he's really lost the plot since Chelski. I think thats his last "big club" job in this country.
Though I have a sneaking suspicion hes a good fit for Newcastle
Div III. Call it what it is.
Rick Pumpkin
Alan Biley

Post by Rick Pumpkin »

I was wondering if Catlin had a bit of inside information hence the short-term deal for the Cowley brothers... :D
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

New Forester wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:46 am He must have made a fortune out of failure in recent years.
I saw a tweet yesterday saying he has trousered a mere £93.5 million from payoffs :roll:
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

[quote="Selsey Bill" post_id=904954 time=1618903954 user_id=237]
[quote="New Forester" post_id=904933 time=1618829185 user_id=42845]
He must have made a fortune out of failure in recent years.
[/quote]

I saw a tweet yesterday saying he has trousered a mere £93.5 million from payoffs :roll:
[/quote]

Mind you he must have something to have managed three of Englands top Clubs, besides R. Madrid, Porto and Inter Milan
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:11 pm Mind you he must have something to have managed three of Englands top Clubs, besides R. Madrid, Porto and Inter Milan
One of the very best managers of the early 21st century (IMO). Mourinho's work at Porto, Chelsea (first time) and Inter was outstanding. I didn't like his style of football, but you couldn't argue with the results. Unfortunately, things move on, especially in football, and what once worked was no longer the solution to the football played by teams over the past decade. We were left with a man trying to re-capture past glories, which is never a particularly edifying sight.

On top of this, Mourinho became increasingly tetchy as things went wrong. When he arrived at Chelsea he was the centre of attention, which he very cleverly used to protect his players from criticism; it was all about him, which took the pressure off the players (see also, Redknapp, H.). In later years Mourinho has increasingly blamed players and been prepared to throw them under a bus to protect himself; the completely opposite attitude, which had the predictable outcomes.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Meanwhile Daniel Levy gets away scot free for sacking Pochettino & employing Mourinho. One is now a success @ PSG & one is now on the dole... If I was a Spurs fan I'd be demanding Levy comes under more scrutiny.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

How long before the next big pay off?

“When Jose became available, we immediately jumped at the chance to speak with one of the greatest managers of all time," said Pinto, general manager of Roma, who are seventh in Serie A.”

"We were blown away by Jose's desire to win and his passion for the game: no matter how many trophies he has won, his primary focus is always on the next one. He possesses the knowledge, experience and leadership to compete at all levels.”

"We are supremely confident Jose will be the perfect coach for our project, for both our immediate and long-term future."

Someone still loves him.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

New Forester wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:00 pm How long before the next big pay off?

“When Jose became available, we immediately jumped at the chance to speak with one of the greatest managers of all time," said Pinto, general manager of Roma, who are seventh in Serie A.”

"We were blown away by Jose's desire to win and his passion for the game: no matter how many trophies he has won, his primary focus is always on the next one. He possesses the knowledge, experience and leadership to compete at all levels.”

"We are supremely confident Jose will be the perfect coach for our project, for both our immediate and long-term future."

Someone still loves him.
Brings a bit more publicity to Roma I guess? Ultimately it does seem his star is falling recently. Real Madrid and Inter to Spurs and Roma.... few more years and maybe we'll see him at FP (hopefully for the opposition)!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Nice money if you can get it! He talks a good salary.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man