Swindon

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Swindon

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Close and Nicolaisen in, replacing White and Whatmough. Swindon are desperate - I hope that their manager going doesn't result in a bounce. We really need to score first.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Swindon

Post by Dinksy »

They're gone and they know it. We, on the other hand, are down to the bare bones. Result: an ugly 0-1 win for us.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

We've got to that point in the season when this is nearly a must-win game for us.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

PITMAN!!!! Sign him up...what a finish, but what a useless player is Daniels?? 8)
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Swindon are bottom of the league...BUT THEY ARE A BETTER TEAM THAN POMPEY!!! 8)
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Didn't we play and lose against Northampton when they were bottom? Today we play, and are currently losing, to Swindon who were bottom at the start of the match.

And guess what...our next game will be against the bottom of the league Bristol Rovers. Another loss?? 8)
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Dinksy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:33 pm They're gone and they know it. We, on the other hand, are down to the bare bones. Result: an ugly 0-1 win for us.
Well, I'm right about the ugly part
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Playing the worst team in the league, Swindon should be well ahead of a rubbish team like Pompey, not just 1-0.

Is anybody bothered at all?
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Daniels gives away another penalty and PITMAN again...2-0 and gone!! 8)
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Nicholiason passes to a Swindon player...3-1.

The Cowleys need to hold up their hands and say to the management..'We can't do anything with this group of players. Get rid of all of them and let us build a team and we will be your coaches for next year. But if not, find somebody else'.

This group is total rubbish.. and how bad must Alfie Stanley be that he is not brought on in place of Marquis?? Unbelievable!! 8)
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I couldn't bear to watch the last couple of minutes of this game - it was so truly awful and utterly depressing to have to go through a game like that.

I am struggling to find anyone who played okay apart possibly from Byers, who did well on the odd occasion when he was given the ball. Going forward we were so slow and poor that it was almost laughable. There seems little point in getting to the playoffs unless there is a major turnaround in the quality of our play. Our passing was v bad, but our control of the ball on receiving a pass was worse. I am totally depressed.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Berkshire Blue wrote:I couldn't bear to watch the last couple of minutes of this game - it was so truly awful and utterly depressing to have to go through a game like that.

I am struggling to find anyone who played okay apart possibly from Byers, who did well on the odd occasion when he was given the ball. Going forward we were so slow and poor that it was almost laughable. There seems little point in getting to the playoffs unless there is a major turnaround in the quality of our play. Our passing was v bad, but our control of the ball on receiving a pass was worse. I am totally depressed.
Cheer up BB....we're playing the bottom side next....
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

Of much more interest:

European Super League: Manchester City withdraw and Chelsea prepare to follow
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Something I've noticed in the last few games is how our midfield especially don't find spaces..they always seem to have an opponent between them and our player with the ball. That is not down to lack of coaching, it's lack of football nouse. Agreed, Byers at least looked good on the ball and found space. Should have been on sooner. 8)
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:01 pm I couldn't bear to watch the last couple of minutes of this game - it was so truly awful and utterly depressing to have to go through a game like that.

Had to switch off the radio commentary after their second goal so I totally understand.

Even if by some miracle we still achieve the playoffs, we aren't good enough for promotion...Another year in Division 1...But at least we should be able to fill Fratton Park again which will be good.

Incidentally, I'm not sure about the Cowleys for next year. They don't seem to have much beyond their predictable fast-attacking football strategy? But maybe that is unfair: the squad itself is not strong.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante