This could be interesting!!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

This could be interesting!!

Post by eltorrro »

Two of our 'reject' youngsters now training with West Ham..I wonder what the outcome will be?? 8)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... ed-3210369
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: This could be interesting!!

Post by Weybridge »

Who knows? We've binned a number of promising youngsters in the past, but I don't recall any who went on to cause us any real regret.

Matt Ritchie to some extent, but I think his progress came about because he left, whereas staying would only have hindered his advancement.

Good luck to the pair anyway, I hope they find a career somewhere decent. West Ham notwithstanding.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Almost any player can get a trial/train with a club for a couple of weeks to see how they go. Look at the number of players Pompey have had on these terms over recent years. The only one I can remember getting anywhere was Gareth Evans, but he was a bit different as he left his previous club voluntarily when he could have stayed as he was looking to move ahead. Having said that, I wish the two players, and the others released, all the best as they try and get their careers restarted.
Rick Pumpkin
Alan Biley

Post by Rick Pumpkin »

Weybridge, Marlon Pack hasn’t had a bad career after getting bombed out by Pompey and sent off to Cheltenham. I think he’s captained both Bristol City and Cardiff City in recent years. He’s never worried the PL, but it’s still not a career to be ashamed of.

Dan Butler’s not doing too badly either.

I agree though that not many others that came through the youth scheme at FP have done much in the game after being released. Whatever happened to Ashley Harris?
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

What ever happened to (I can't remember his name but I think it was...) James Keane who was always touted as being a good player back in late 2000s?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Rick Pumpkin
Alan Biley

Post by Rick Pumpkin »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:10 pm What ever happened to (I can't remember his name but I think it was...) James Keane who was always touted as being a good player back in late 2000s?
Sam, last I saw he was playing for Osters back in Sweden. I met him in Borås (Sweden) when he was playing for Elfsborg - I was out there running some tests at a laboratory and literally bumped into him and his girlfriend in a bar. Nice lad who has made a decent career for himself in Scandinavia, South Africa and, briefly, Israel.