Cowleys

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Cowleys

Post by eltorrro »

Looks like they are staying...wonder how long they have been given and, more importantly, what the war chest will be for next term? 8)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... ay-3211717
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Cowleys

Post by FatBlueAde »

Good news as far as I'm concerned, really like their ethos and I suppose one advantage of all the contracts coming to an end (provided we keep the ones we want) is that they get to build the team they want.

With all the optimism out of my system ask in a year as I cry in my pint 😂
Living in exile thinking Blue
Sawbo Blue
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Sawbo Blue »

Good news. Look forward to seeing what they can do with a full season and pre season. Plus I haven't written off this season yet!
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Sawbo Blue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:23 pm Good news. Look forward to seeing what they can do with a full season and pre season. Plus I haven't written off this season yet!
I have.
Another season div 1 and win by a landslide next time.
Give the crown something to cheer about again... fast-flowing football.:D
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Keeprblue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 pm
Sawbo Blue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:23 pm Good news. Look forward to seeing what they can do with a full season and pre season. Plus I haven't written off this season yet!
I have.
I wasn't aware Her Majesty was a supporter? But she is very astute and has visited the City on a number of occasions. 8)
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

eltorrro wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm
Keeprblue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:34 pm
I have.
I wasn't aware Her Majesty was a supporter? But she is very astute and has visited the City on a number of occasions. 8)
I mean she is single now. Maybe someone on here could take her on a date?
Too much?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Ha ha.
I really must proofread my posts in the future. It's not as if N is close to D..... Brain fog. :D
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

eltorrro wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:56 pm Looks like they are staying...wonder how long they have been given and, more importantly, what the war chest will be for next term? 8)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... ay-3211717
I, for one, am delighted by this great news. Hearing rumours of a 4 year deal which seems ridiculously excessive, but glad we've signed them. Intrigued to see how good their recruitment is going to be...that will ultimately play a part in their success, or lack of it.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:02 pm I, for one, am delighted by this great news. Hearing rumours of a 4 year deal which seems ridiculously excessive, but glad we've signed them. Intrigued to see how good their recruitment is going to be...that will ultimately play a part in their success, or lack of it.
Totally agree with SB. A year too long to my mind, but it might be only a little more money spread over an extra year for tax purposes, we don't know.

As incoming coaches, the Cowleys have an opportunity this year to totally rebuild the squad. Lots of players are out of contract, and others would probably be willing to leave even if we had to eat some of their contract. It will be interesting to see their recruitment strategy, as much in terms of the type of player they sign as the actual names.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I think that it is good news for all concerned. I wonder if it may concentrate the minds of some of the players to try and impress the Cowleys over the coming games.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

[quote="Berkshire Blue" post_id=905116 time=1619255183 user_id=42043]
I think that it is good news for all concerned. I wonder if it may concentrate the minds of some of the players to try and impress the Cowleys over the coming games.
[/quote]

You wonder if some of them are intelligent enough to grasp that.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

After watching the disgraceful Swindon game, possibly the worst Pompey performance I have ever witnessed, utterly devoid of any cohesion, spirit, skill, system etc. I can't imagine how any manager responsible for that could consider himself to be a candidate to take us into a bright new future.
I have just watched the Bristol Rovers match, a scrambling and utterly toothless display against another bottom or the league team. Again there was nothing there to build any credentials for the Cowleys whatsoever.
It take more than media mastery to convince me. Talk is cheap.The proof of the pudding is out there on the pitch.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Can't say I agree to that. 5 wins and 1 draw from 9 games off the back of the awful run of form we had with KJ. First few games we were playing some good football. In regards to the performances... I recall some on hear saying it was some of the best football they've seen us play in years early on.

Not to say they've earnt a free pass from me. The performances of late have been awful to watch. That being said I've seen enough to want to see them in charge for next season and interested to see how the team plays with a full pre-season and transfer window under their belt.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix