PSG vs Man City

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

PSG vs Man City

Post by Mickemo »

Anyone else watch this game last night ?

Never has the old 'game of 2 halves' been more apt...PSG were sublime at times in that first half with Neymar looking as good as ive seem him recent years. PSG were showboating at times (which annoyed me TBH).
City looked devoid of ideas and clearly lacked a goal threat - clearly missing a central striker (Haaland step up perhaps next season) and their attacking full backs.

2nd half - wow City came out like a steam train, they pressed PSG everywhere and Neymour hardly touched the ball, they got a lucky break with the equaliser but they played PSG off the park, their passing and ball retention was a joy to watch....and I actually enjoyed City showboating a bit too (Karma).

Looking good for a City vs Chelsea final.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Re: PSG vs Man City

Post by meakinsl »

Yep was great game, could conceivably be 4 English teams in the two European finals although in a way prefer it to be different opposition as turns into an epl game
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

I liked Guardiola's remark that shyness held city back in the first half. Is that Pompey's problem?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Mickemo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am ... they got a lucky break with the equaliser ...
Yes, to a certain extent, but these things don't happen by accident. Hours of practice go into this.

Frank Lampard was the best I have ever seen at doing this. In his case it was from free kicks on the LH side, about level with the pemalty box. The ball is crossed in fast-ish on a flat-ish trajectory such as the goalkeeper can't come for it or commit to a save in case a player gets a touch. However, if nobody touches the cross, it just nestles inside the far post too late for the goalkeeper to do anything. It needs defenders to totally commit to winning the header, even if it is off and over the bar for a corner; nightmare to defend.

De Bruyne's was slightly different as he was further inside and with a moving ball, but such is his skill the outcome was the same.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Incredible watch. Phil Foden is some player - has to be first name on Gareth Southgate's team list this summer, surely?