Pompey Podcast worth a listen .

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Pompey Podcast worth a listen .

Post by FatBlueAde »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:05 pm Back on the subject of the podcast, my eldest mentioned this to me last night.

Why would you not put it on all the podcast platforms? It's only on Spotify and Soundcloud, not Itunes or Google Play. Grrr.
Saw it originally on YouTube, but I get my podcasts via the PocketCasts App (android) and have subscribed there. It is free 🙂
Living in exile thinking Blue
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

I do hope he can walk the.... as well as he talks it. :)
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Keeprblue wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 pm I do hope he can walk the.... as well as he talks it. :)
Either way, it's a huge improvement on Jackett - he could do neither
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

[quote="Selsey Bill"
[/quote]

Did you pick up from the interview that Johnny Moore`s first match at Fratton was the 1968 Fulham Cup replay as well!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Just a couple of things I picked up on.

The large number of people with whom he has previously worked with which Cowley is still in contact. Suggests that he is basically a good guy, who people like and whom he is willing to help out, even as he has moved up the football ladder.

A few mentions of fitness, and how important it is to Cowley's style of play. We have talked about this before, and how it might influence the players he wishes to retain or sign. I suspect that some of the Pompey players are going to find pre-season this year a bit of a shock.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:40 am Just a couple of things I picked up on.

The large number of people with whom he has previously worked with which Cowley is still in contact. Suggests that he is basically a good guy, who people like and whom he is willing to help out, even as he has moved up the football ladder.

A few mentions of fitness, and how important it is to Cowley's style of play. We have talked about this before, and how it might influence the players he wishes to retain or sign. I suspect that some of the Pompey players are going to find pre-season this year a bit of a shock.
I agree and believe that it will also be about energy management, eg not trying to run around like a headless chicken for the whole 90 minutes. I am really looking forward to seeing how it all works out.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 am [quote="Selsey Bill"
Did you pick up from the interview that Johnny Moore`s first match at Fratton was the 1968 Fulham Cup replay as well!
[/quote]
I did indeed, though I thought he said it was his second ever match? By the way, I loved the way Danny turned the interview on it's head at the end - class.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:40 am Just a couple of things I picked up on.

Couldn't agree more with all of that. It appears evident that he knows exactly how to manage people to get the best out of them. I also like his humility, although I have seen some fans saying he is just a clever wordsmith. I disagree.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:09 pm ...I have seen some fans saying he is just a clever wordsmith...
I am sure he is, but not the "just" part. Management is largely BS at the best of times, even more so when you are dealing with the fragile egos of professional sportsmen. Being able to talk to all the players, youngsters, veterans, stars and those not getting playing time, is a big part of the game if you are going to keep everyone reasonably happy and committed to the way forward.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Rick Pumpkin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:05 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:39 pm Well, the last time I had some insider gossip, (Joe Gallen saying that they were expecting to be sacked) it turned out not to happen -- or at least not at that point in time, so I'm a bit reticent to say publicly.

This news is a different source, the same source that mentioned that it looked like we would be signing Sean Raggett permanently. It turned out that was true.
Locky, I still keep in touch with the guy who represented my son when he was playing in Europe many years ago, despite him being the person who broke the news that Marquis was signing for us! He's convinced the Cowleys have suitors away from FP so It'll be interesting to see who they are.
I'm sure he's right and they do.

My post was in response to someone wanting the Cowleys to be signed up -- it doesn't take a genius to work out that I have been given evidence that either an agreement has been reached, or that they are pretty certain that such an agreement will be reached shortly.

The person who gave me that evidence is assisting in an activity that they simply would not be doing if that were not the case.

Similarly, this person was also assisting Sean Raggett in the same activity in early March last year, whilst Raggett was still on loan to us from Norwich.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
CoshamWreck
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 2 times

Post by CoshamWreck »

The person who gave me that evidence is assisting in an activity that they simply would not be doing if that were not the case.

Similarly, this person was also assisting Sean Raggett in the same activity in early March last year, whilst Raggett was still on loan to us from Norwich.
I’ve got it!
They’re showing them the best pubs in town.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

CoshamWreck wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 pm

I’ve got it!
They’re showing them the best pubs in town.
Not too far off.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:52 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:39 pm Well, the last time I had some insider gossip, (Joe Gallen saying that they were expecting to be sacked) it turned out not to happen -- or at least not at that point in time, so I'm a bit reticent to say publicly.

This news is a different source, the same source that mentioned that it looked like we would be signing Sean Raggett permanently. It turned out that was true.
Locky, I still keep in touch with the guy who represented my son when he was playing in Europe many years ago, despite him being the person who broke the news that Marquis was signing for us! He's convinced the Cowleys have suitors away from FP so It'll be interesting to see who they are.

My post was in response to someone wanting the Cowleys to be signed up -- it doesn't take a genius to work out that I have been given evidence that either an agreement has been reached, or that they are pretty certain that such an agreement will be reached shortly.

Changing the locks on their chastity belts?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:38 pm

:smt005
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Maybe. We did get f****ed pretty hard yesterday :twisted:
Coeli lux nostra ductrix