Ridiculous and laughable

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Ridiculous and laughable

Post by eltorrro »

We might as well put in a bid of 1m pound for Messi or Ronaldo. Don't know whether this is stupid media talk or stupid Pompey talk...but whatever, it is stupid and really annoys the hell out of me when I see reports like this. 8)

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... ng-3279557
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Ridiculous and laughable

Post by jam tomorrow »

You cant blame clubs who are struggling financially talking their players value up, what worries me is on the one hand we want the best we can get the trouble is inevitably the bigger clubs are fishing in the same pond.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

eltorrro wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:31 am We might as well put in a bid of 1m pound for Messi or Ronaldo. Don't know whether this is stupid media talk or stupid Pompey talk...but whatever, it is stupid and really annoys the hell out of me when I see reports like this. 8)

Which bit do you find ridiculous?? them saying he is worth £1m or that we bid £200k
the selling club are always going to say their players are worth more, and the buyers are always going to start low, thats the way buying and selling always works
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:58 am
eltorrro wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:31 am We might as well put in a bid of 1m pound for Messi or Ronaldo. Don't know whether this is stupid media talk or stupid Pompey talk...but whatever, it is stupid and really annoys the hell out of me when I see reports like this. 8)

Which bit do you find ridiculous?? them saying he is worth £1m or that we bid £200k
Well, all of it really...

Gills have previously turned down a £1m (so Pompey 'make an offer of £200k' ???)
Both Rangers and Celtic are/have been interested
Championship sides Hull, Posh, Brentford, etc are interested

So, he would come to Pompey because.....?????

That's what I find ridiculous and laughable...it's probably just paper talk to sell more papers, totally un-newsworthy and a waste of time looking at it. 8)
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

eltorrro wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:58 am

Well, all of it really...

Gills have previously turned down a £1m (so Pompey 'make an offer of £200k' ???)
Both Rangers and Celtic are/have been interested
Championship sides Hull, Posh, Brentford, etc are interested

So, he would come to Pompey because.....?????

That's what I find ridiculous and laughable...it's probably just paper talk to sell more papers, totally un-newsworthy and a waste of time looking at it. 8)
Why would he not ??? ;)
didnt think they had turned down £1m, just what the manager thinks he should be worth
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

My mate has a contact who is a Gillingham fan and like the Australian player we asked for a lowdown on this lad " He’s a young centre back who came up through the youth team and has been a regular in the first team for two years. He went backwards last season when his partner Max Elmer went to the Gas but we have just re-signed Elmer. He is a mate of Sean Raggett who is also from Gillingham. I think Scally will sell as that’s what he does but he wants a bidding war to drive the price up. " Mate of Raggett might be a decider perhaps ??
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
jabba monkey
Martin Kuhl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by jabba monkey »

Thanks for the info RM!