General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, lakespfc, Chris_in_LA, Admin, General Mods

By Locky_McLockface
Betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:53 am
Why seriously? I did it a couple of times then I thought, what's the ****** point! :D :D
There is no point, but equally it is harmless.

It did actually die for quite a few years, and then someone reinvigoured it.
By Selsey Bill
It's the weirdest thing - the number of posts it gets never ceases to amaze me but I just don't get it. I very rarely pop on just to see what all the fuss is about, but its like watching tumbleweed. As Locky says it is completely harmless, but as a grumpy old man I have to admit some days to being really wound up by just seeing it there. Personally, I'd rather it was moved off the 'Pompey General Chat' and given it's own heading, like the La La League, etc.
PS. Does anyone know whatever happened to Simon whos started all this?
By Betelgeuse
It is boring as I discovered after a couple of posts.

I use it as a way to test my patience, the other way is to listen to James O'Brien on LBC although I can't get through 10 minutes of him without swearing at the radio. The word association thread is nowhere near as bad but equally pointless. :lol:
Ive contributed a couple of times in my alternate Donald J Trump id for humor purposes. I've always thought it should be a rule that the thread self destructs if a word is ever used twice....but I guess someone would just restart another thread.
By Locky_McLockface
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:48 pm
Ive contributed a couple of times in my alternate Donald J Trump id for humor purposes.
Wait, what???? That was you?

I thought it was the real Donald. It had his picture an' everyfink.
By New Forester
Over a million views. Must have something going for it.
By blue architect
Been playing it since conception. It keeps me interested and is harmless fun.
In all that time I read the subheading from Simon to be "Ill start" ie, ILL :smt078 . Just realised its I'll start (a typo) :smt102 . Jeez what a dunce :roll:
The Word Association Thread, ill start

World

Sacked in the Morning

I would give the Cowleys until at least Christmas[…]

Week 14 fixtures Tues 19 Oct 7.45pm

Cambridge United v Sheffield Wednesday […]

Pompey players

Theyve had long enough..sack em :wink: