Sacked in the Morning

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Northstander
Gary O'Neil

Re: Sacked in the Morning

Post by Northstander »

Be interesting what DC will say after this shambles. 8 goals conceded in 2 games and it's not over yet
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

If you don't support us when we're losing dont bother supporting us when we are winning either
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I don't think they can possibly stay after this, they've shown time and time again that they're not up to the job. Some shocking summer signings, lack of defensive cover, rubbish strikers brought in. Time for them to depart as they clearly cannot motivate this team.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Betelgeuse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:24 pm I don't think they can possibly stay after this, they've shown time and time again that they're not up to the job. Some shocking summer signings, lack of defensive cover, rubbish strikers brought in. Time for them to depart as they clearly cannot motivate this team.
I agree . Whether they're completely to blame for the signings is debatable
But they need to gel on
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:24 pm I don't think they can possibly stay after this, they've shown time and time again that they're not up to the job. Some shocking summer signings, lack of defensive cover, rubbish strikers brought in. Time for them to depart as they clearly cannot motivate this team.
Who replaces them then?
And after 14 games if they have the same win record do we sack them and get someone se in?
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Counting last season they've had nearly 30 games. It's complete rubbish. 1 win in 12, 10 goals conceded in 3 games.

Don't give me that "who can replace them" tosh. They're failing week after week. Get rid and spend some proper money on a decent manager and give him a proper budget. If they won't do that then sell up. Because any more of this and there will be less than 10k turning up.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Chris Wilder please!
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Betelgeuse wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:54 am Counting last season they've had nearly 30 games. It's complete rubbish. 1 win in 12, 10 goals conceded in 3 games.

Don't give me that "who can replace them" tosh. They're failing week after week. Get rid and spend some proper money on a decent manager and give him a proper budget. If they won't do that then sell up. Because any more of this and there will be less than 10k turning up.
What is who can replace them tosh?? Who are you suggesting ? You must have someone on mind? What managers are out there available at the moment ?

And will you give up on the they arent spending bo!!ocks, because they have a budget to make sure we don't end up back where we were doesn't mean they aren't spending
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I honestly don't know if sacking the manager now would be the best thing to do. I have got tired of his constant bluster and last night I just couldn't fathom out his use of substitutes. We were 3-0 down and he took of one ineffective striker and replaced him with another when, one would assume, we needed to change strategy and throw caution to the wind. He then took off our most influential forward in Harness and brought on a defender. I would have thought it was plainly obvious that we had played second fiddle to Ipswich all game and we needed to change. Quite simply it wasn't working and to carry on the same way was ludicrous. Why on earth he just didn't go for broke by keeping both forwards he took off on the pitch and bringing extra strikers on and just throw everything forward.

Last night was the worst Pompey performance I can remember with a display of gutless, spineless lack of pride and low quality. The managers performance was inept and must take as much of the blame as his players. It did not seem to overly bother a lot of the players they they had just been given a lesson in professional pride and that they had given Ipswich an easy win. I left 10 minutes before the end for the first time in 60 years of supporting this club.
Rick Pumpkin
Alan Biley

Post by Rick Pumpkin »

Sack the manager or not but does anyone really think there's going to be money to spend in January to freshen up the squad? It's been widely reported that the club overspent on the budget in the summer window, so unless someone like Curtis leaves in the new year (do we have any other bankable assets?), and let's face it his value is dropping by the week, then the pot is going to remain empty.

It's ok hoping that some of those whose contracts end next summer will move on, but that costs money too in paying up remaining loyalty bonuses and other contract sums. And as for a club taking over the contract of, say, Harrison in January, well there's more chance of me winning Pole Dancer of the Year 2021.

I think we're stuck with the manager and this lumpen-footed squad that's been cobbled together. Maybe a loanee or two will return to their parent club and we'll bring in another to replace them, but can't see anything more than that and on the balance of Cowley's selection of loanees so far...

And just to confirm my position on this, I was one of the Cowley supporters, was happy he was appointed and thought he would help the club progress. A look at my position in the LaLa League standings will show you I know eff all about football, but I'm beginning to get the tiniest smidgen of doubt about him and think I may have been wrong. Like almost every sales director I ever interviewed he comes across well but in the execution of his job he is sadly lacking in so many ways. However, I can't see what changing the manager now would achieve other than cost the club money it possibly can't afford, and you never know we might have another Mark Warburton on our hands. His QPR team sit 5th in the Championship this morning yet he wasn't a popular choice, his team were getting regularly spanked and now, with a relatively modest budget for the level they're playing at and a bit of patience, he's got them up into the play off spots.
WJDPFC
Robbie Pethick

Post by WJDPFC »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:32 pm It would be interesting if we took a poll on whether we should continue with the Cowleys .IMO I would give them until the end of next season to see where we are maybe start recruiting in spring 2022 if we don’t see any progress. Obviously if we look like falling into the relegation zone this season I would act quicker.
Agree 100%. I would stick with the Cowleys for now and give them the three transfer windows they said they need. I would also expect the Eisners to come up with some sort of transfer fund for them. My only concern would be if we fall into the relegation zone this season, those players do not look as if they have the fight to get out whether we have the Cowleys or anyone else.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

maybe steve bruce fancies coming south for a while