Dan Cowley

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Dan Cowley

Post by Betelgeuse »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:10 pm I’d deffo be up for a board meet up sometime.
Cool!
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Mr Dee wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:45 pm
pompeygunner wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:29 pm They've been dealt a slightly dodgy hand imho. There are players here they inherited that they clearly dont want & are taking up a lot of the budget. Until they are gone & they can build their squad-only then can we truly judge them. I do share some of the misgivings though but if by some miracle we can sign a decent CF & CH in Jan then we may just see a big upturn in form. I think some of the signings have been decent, Bazunu & Romeo plus Morrell have by & large have been excellent.
Some though have been below par. Hirst is not upto it. Why they brought him in after doing all their "research" I dont know. But no Manager can make all good signing-it just doesn't happen. So give em time I reckon.
This post is the first I've wanted to respond to or comment on in this thread. I'm with you 100% PG. Sadly, it seems a significant percentage of our fan base now have it in for Cowley which I feel is very harsh. I'm also beginning to very much dislike the modern Pompey fan, and was embarrassed to be there last night when all the booing took place after the game. I tackled a few fans, but they reacted saying it was aimed at the referee which was absolute tosh. As shiiiite as the ref was, as I said to a few of them, Cowley and the players wouldn't have known the boos were aimed at the ref.
I'm don't know if these sort of fans are left over from the premier League glory days or what.?
People take it far too seriously imo, Just go and enjoy the day out with you friends/family. And if you can't support us when we are losing, don't support us when we are winning either.
Fwiw I can only go by Radio Solent commentary with regards to Hirst, but feck me he's come on leaps & bounds. Just goes to show we can all be sucked in by what we hear & make a instant decision. But the boy is doing better than good atm & I'm so pleased to admit what I stated above is total b o l l o x.
I always remember giving Bobby Doyle a bit of stick during season 83/84, he was going through a period of poor form that culminated in a particularly dire 1st 45mins from him @ home to Brighton. We trailed 0-1 @ ht. Second half & I was on his back until he thumped home a half volley from 20yards & we won 5-1. You'd think I'd have learned by now, but a leopard & its spots etc.... :D
WJDPFC
Robbie Pethick

Post by WJDPFC »

My view is that the Cowleys need more time before we judge them. Also, we do not know which decisions are made by them and which are forced on them. Particularly who made the decisions ref which players were released on free transfers last summer . If we still had Whatmough and he had added Romeo, we would be improved at the back. Morrell is a really good player DC added as is Thompson. We are desperately short up front but without funding from the Eisners, What can the manager do? We need to stay calm and give DC this and next season before we can make much of a judgement.