This board.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: This board.

Post by Sam_Brown »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:17 pm
Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:38 am Just so I'm clear as I'm a relative newebee on here...the narrative is that the owners and management team are wonderful, you can't go against the narrative, can't criticise or have your own opinion. If you do you run the risk of being cancelled, told to support another team, called a wum etc.

Sorry hadn't read the rules properly...will do better in future :D
I have never and would never criticise you for having a different opinion, everyone on here has different opinions. What gets people's back up is that you put your opinion in very aggressive terms, and you say that people can el you for your opinion, well you shout very loud that your opinion is correct and everyone else is wrong. And your opinion does not ever alter even if facts are put in front of you. If you are then questions over the facts you are claiming are correct you say that you never said it, repeatedly on different subjects you deny ever saying the things that have started any heated debates, that is why you get accused of being a wum.
Have your opinion, make your point, stand by your words but be respectful of other people's opinions too
Give up PB. He’s not interested in reasoned debate. Just ignore him using the foe feature and move on. I should have done that weeks ago when he made jokes about wanting to see Chris’s Whitty hung.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:22 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:17 pm
Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:38 am Just so I'm clear as I'm a relative newebee on here...the narrative is that the owners and management team are wonderful, you can't go against the narrative, can't criticise or have your own opinion. If you do you run the risk of being cancelled, told to support another team, called a wum etc.

Sorry hadn't read the rules properly...will do better in future :D
I have never and would never criticise you for having a different opinion, everyone on here has different opinions. What gets people's back up is that you put your opinion in very aggressive terms, and you say that people can el you for your opinion, well you shout very loud that your opinion is correct and everyone else is wrong. And your opinion does not ever alter even if facts are put in front of you. If you are then questions over the facts you are claiming are correct you say that you never said it, repeatedly on different subjects you deny ever saying the things that have started any heated debates, that is why you get accused of being a wum.
Have your opinion, make your point, stand by your words but be respectful of other people's opinions too
Give up PB. He’s not interested in reasoned debate. Just ignore him using the foe feature and move on. I should have done that weeks ago when he made jokes about wanting to see Chris’s Whitty hung.
I said that as tongue in cheek but admittedly in bad taste. We've been lied to repeatedly by those making the rules and decisions and it got the better of me and I apologise for that.
I'm quite happy to have reasoned debate, but every time I bring up the Eisner's failings I just get the same response back..."they're doing what they said they'd do". Well if playing dire football in our 5th season under their charge with an inexperienced league 2 manager is doing what they said then I for one will question their approach. I've no desire to argue with anyone but I will challenge things I don't agree with.

I have to say after being on other forums that this is easily one of the gentlest and considerate, but also not very tolerant of opposite views.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

You are not interested in a debate at all, you repeatedly say they aren't spending money even though they are billionaires, they deny ever saying it
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Is this thread a wind-up? :wink:
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:24 pm Is this thread a wind-up? :wink:
Imagine if some of this lot had been around in the 606 days. They'd have a mental breakdown 🤣
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr Dee wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:27 pm
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:24 pm Is this thread a wind-up? :wink:
Imagine if some of this lot had been around in the 606 days. They'd have a mental breakdown 🤣
Back then there were enough decent good faith topics to get involved in that you could ignore the trolls.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Indeed, what would they have made of Saintess Sarah for example :rofl
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

[quote=Portchesterblue2 post_id=911970 time=1636213959 user_id=43117]
You are not interested in a debate at all, you repeatedly say they aren't spending money even though they are billionaires, they deny ever saying it
[/quote
Ok have it your way, that is not what I meant. Whatever they have spent has been to slowly improve the stadium and purchase the training ground which increases the value of their asset. I believe that pretty much everything that has been spent on the squad has been raised through ticket and player sales but it clearly isn't working judging by our league position and dire football. I'm not particularly happy with that but most people here seem to be quite happy to go along with the current standard and plan set by the owners, I just have a different view.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:32 pm
Indeed, what would they have made of Saintess Sarah for example :rofl
Or Fratton Eyezer
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

What about Chapelchap ?
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

itsaintfunny wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:53 pm What about Chapelchap ?
I'd forgotten about him. Or Northam Stanley Fletcher
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:37 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:52 pm You are not interested in a debate at all, you repeatedly say they aren't spending money even though they are billionaires, they deny ever saying it
[/quote
Ok have it your way, that is not what I meant. Whatever they have spent has been to slowly improve the stadium and purchase the training ground which increases the value of their asset. I believe that pretty much everything that has been spent on the squad has been raised through ticket and player sales but it clearly isn't working judging by our league position and dire football. I'm not particularly happy with that but most people here seem to be quite happy to go along with the current standard and plan set by the owners, I just have a different view.
Again denying saying anything :thumb
Yes they are spending on the Stadium, because they have to, that's something you keep denying too. If they don't spend this money on the stadium it will be shut and we will have no income, you do understand that concept yeah?
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

The many lives of Widley Chimes. Miss him on here.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Mr Dee wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:58 pm
All of those were out and out wum and admitted it, but it was always light hearted and amusing, not rude and aggressive
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:06 pm
Mr Dee wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:58 pm
All of those were out and out wum and admitted it, but it was always light hearted and amusing, not rude and aggressive
I dunno. People used to get proper riled up