Danny Cowley

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

blueocean
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Danny Cowley

Post by blueocean »

When is ME going to see through this chancer. The more I listen to his BS the more convinced I am that he's not the right man for us.

Just listen to his BS about todays game. He's sucked the life out of the fans. He chose all of the players brought in over the summer. None of them are any good.

We've gone backwards as a team. Bring back Kenny
WJDPFC
Robbie Pethick

Re: Danny Cowley

Post by WJDPFC »

Don't agree that all the players brought in are poor. Morrel, Thompson. Romeo and Bazunu are all decent. However, we made the mistake of letting more players of similar calibre leave on free transfers. Not sure if that was down to the Cowleys or the board. I think that, at least in the case of Whatmough, it was the board! The big problem is that we are very weak up front and have no depth in central defence. Strengthening those area, particularly up front, requires funds. That certainly sits with the board/owners, so until the Cowleys get some money to spend, personally, I reserve judgement on them.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

The thing is though the board did dip their hands in their pocket and we got Morrell, and Romeo.

We already had brought in Freeman who must be pissed off. We also then brought in Azezz.

The squad.is totally in balanced and that is Cowley not the board. Like Jackett before him he doesn't know his best side and that's because of the squad he has built.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I think that Cowley is the worst manager since Barker, he is clearly non league level unfortunately for us.
I don't buy the excuses about squad building and team gelling, every team has that issue yet Wigan and Plymouth are flying,
Something needs to happen pretty soon to convince me he's the real deal.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:38 am I think that Cowley is the worst manager since Barker, he is clearly non league level unfortunately for us.
I don't buy the excuses about squad building and team gelling, every team has that issue yet Wigan and Plymouth are flying,
Something needs to happen pretty soon to convince me he's the real deal.
Cowley didn't address the main problem Pompey have had for quite a while, a lack of creativity and a consistent goal scorer.

Changing the manager won't address these problems. Marquis is the best option we have for scoring goal but we just don't have the team to create opportunities for him.

For me Cowley recruited poorly and over stocked the midfield. We have too many similar players and no one to unlock a stubborn defence.

We will limp on to January and if he doesn't address the issues the club could be in trouble. I don't see fans sticking around to watch the current dross being served up.

Let's hope for a couple of January loan signing spark some life into the team.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Talking about the next transfer window today it looks like Cowley is already lowering expectations.
He admits that in the summer "....we didn't get our first, second and even sometimes third choices. That's the reality."
I wonder if some players will now be looking round the dressing room wondering who among them is a third or even fourth choice?
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Thing is, I reckon during normal times we have the advantage over most in this league due to having more monies due to attendance. However, during the covid no paying customers period, this advantage now becomes a disadvantage as our expenses and payroll are now higher than most with no income from paying fans therefore our losses would be heavier. Have to say I'm not convinced but I'm prepared to give them all a pass this season, suck it up and wait to see what team Cowley can do after a couple of transfer windows and an off season period.
Of course, easy for me to say, I dont have to sit through the drivel every week.
Div III. Call it what it is.