Baz or Bass?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Baz or Bass?

Post by Dinksy »

Sam_Brown wrote:
Dinksy wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:06 pm We're all pumped up now because we won but I wonder what the long-term damage Cowley's choice has done to the morale of Alex Bass. So much for players needing to play their play into the first team.
We're at risk of agreeing again here :thumb

I did have a similar thought. Assuming we're at the start of a multi year rebuild it doesn't speak much for the long term planning if our #1 keeper is likely to want to leave at the end of the season and I can't imagine after the impact Baz has had he'll be here next year on loan. I imagine he'd have suitors in the Championship at least. Unless like I said earlier maybe we have a deal to bring Sterling in on loan should we keep Baz in the first team :rofl

Time will tell.
Yes, Sam, we will see. I believe Bass is contracted until 2023 so we would get a fee for him - but we have seen our best players leave year on year and it's a trend that seems likely to continue.
Of course, it may have been a purely innocent decision by DC in choosing who he honestly thought was the best but I can't imagine what Alex has to do to claim the number one jersey. Maybe he needs to put something in Bazanu's tea.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I thought it was a poor decision to bring Baz back after Bass' performance last week. It seems he will only get a game if Bazunu is unavailable which isn't good for our keeper. If he'd been poor last week I could understand it but I don't understand this decision at all.
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:36 am I thought it was a poor decision to bring Baz back after Bass' performance last week. It seems he will only get a game if Bazunu is unavailable which isn't good for our keeper. If he'd been poor last week I could understand it but I don't understand this decision at all.
Totally agree.
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Having had time to reflect on yesterday’s performance I think was noticeable that Bazunu is not comfortable playing the ball early and many of his early passes and kicks were pretty poor
I accept he is a fine keeper but his distribution over distance leaves a lot to be desired, at our level and with our players we are not equipped to play out from the back he has obviously been coached to do this and is out of his depth at this level
This is an unfortunate paradox a player ideal at an higher level not suited to the circumstances