January Transfers

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

January Transfers

Post by jam tomorrow »

Reading an article linking Harness to Blackburn made me think if we take an offer for him we will be a much weaker side, however IMO in an ideal world l would rather replace Marquis and Harrison rather than Harness and Curtis. If Curtis does go I would definitely replace him with Jacobs he is a quality player. We could have a front line of Jacobs, Harness, plus two decent strikers with Curtis, Marquis and Harrison transfer fees, together with a good loan Centre Back. DC will have to consider all these permutations come January together with which loans to keep!
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: January Transfers

Post by Selsey Bill »

jam tomorrow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:31 am Reading an article linking Harness to Blackburn made me think if we take an offer for him we will be a much weaker side, however IMO in an ideal world l would rather replace Marquis and Harrison rather than Harness and Curtis. If Curtis does go I would definitely replace him with Jacobs he is a quality player. We could have a front line of Jacobs, Harness, plus two decent strikers with Curtis, Marquis and Harrison transfer fees, together with a good loan Centre Back. DC will have to consider all these permutations come January together with which loans to keep!
Sadly, I feel we are going to struggle to shift Marquis and Harrison until their contracts run out in June 2022. Harness, like Curtis, is good enough to play in the Championship on his day, but is so inconsistent. In the form he is currently in, he's be one of the first on my team sheet.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

You would think it would have to be a crazy money offer for us to let Harness go in January. Wouldn't make much sense otherwise, he's dragged us back into the mix, and there's not a lot of form lined up behind him. If anything tips the scales it would be the player wanting the move rather than the club - and there's not much which can be done there. I'd say we do need to be sitting in the playoff spots come Jan 1st to strengthen our hand. But then again, the rumours may just be nonsense in the first place.

Harrison and Marquis, yep - hard to justify their wages at the moment so could well be released in June. Hard to see anyone rushing to match their wages in January either.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

We have an option on Harness contract too.