Pompey vs Lincoln

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Pompey vs Lincoln

Post by Sam_Brown »

Highlights of the game:

Coeli lux nostra ductrix
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Another excellent win. Like the look of Hirst, big strong pacey ft man. Looks so dangerous. Well done DC & the team.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I think a lot has to do with Marquis being out. The players seem hungrier and a lot more confident. Plus we've sorted out the centre of defence at last and we're looking much more solid there. I'm delighted with the performances recently, confidence threat and workrate is much higher than a month ago.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I think it's a combination of factors:

The players seen to know what is expected of them, and how to play it now... And the confidence is flowing.

What caused is who knows - maybe they had a heart to heart after the Ipswich game and called a few things out.

Curtis certainly seems to have a bit more fight about him again
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:49 am I think a lot has to do with Marquis being out. The players seem hungrier and a lot more confident. Plus we've sorted out the centre of defence at last and we're looking much more solid there. I'm delighted with the performances recently, confidence threat and workrate is much higher than a month ago.
you mean the centre of defence that contains the left back from gillingham that cant play centre back very well??
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Yes him!
WJDPFC
Robbie Pethick

Post by WJDPFC »

Terrific performance but Lincoln are at best an average side with a choice players missing making them have to play a young inexperienced lad up front, so we should not get too carried away. However, you can only beat what is in front of you!
A lot is being made of Hirst's performance but, for me, he is a long way short of what we need. Marquis is continually given a hard time by fans and his finishing has not been good enough. However, do I think he or Hirst would score more over the course of a season, personally, I think it would be Marquis. Who brings more to the team overall. I guess its Hirst's areal ability and runs versus Maquis workrate and closing down, so not much in it. A close call, but overall, my opinion is that Cowley will go with Marquis once fit.