Denver Hume

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Denver Hume

Post by jam tomorrow »

Apparently we are in for him he’s been unhappy at Blunderland for a while. Their fans think he’s cack okay going forward but poor defensively but also another sick note. If DC does go in for him I hope he doesn’t pay too much as he will be available for a free in the summer.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Maddog56
Martin Kuhl

Re: Denver Hume

Post by Maddog56 »

I don’t think he’ll be free. He is contracted until June 2023 with an option for a further year.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Just go on to Sunderland AFC site to see the vitriol can’t believe they are talking about the same player DC may be proposing to sign it really would not be a player I would want in our team just hope our recruitment know what they are doing if this rumour is true.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

jam tomorrow wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:40 pm Just go on to Sunderland AFC site to see the vitriol can’t believe they are talking about the same player DC may be proposing to sign it really would not be a player I would want in our team just hope our recruitment know what they are doing if this rumour is true.
Made me laugh with Lincoln getting excited about signing Marquis 🤣.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

If we were to sign him in this window for a fee would that not send a very clear message to Brown that he ain’t being offered a new contract in the summer maybe best to wait until the summer in this case unless you want to pee off Brown now
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Is that not the same for any left wing back we sign? If he was to be turfed out in the summer what's it matter if it annoys him?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

The point is in this window we do not need to fill that position by paying a fee for someone we could get for nothing in the summer, at present we have Brown Ogilvie and at a push Hackett.
If we pay a fee for him it’s a clear indication to Brown that he will not get a new contract.
I hardly think Brown will be motivated to give 100 percent when picked for the rest of this season, anyway Brown in my opinion is better than him based on the Sunderland supporters view of him
Why waste money in this window paying for a player when we need strengthening in other areas
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

I agree 55 we desperately need a player than can create openings and beat defences. Not sure those sort of players come cheap or more importantly are available in January.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Exactly my point what we don’t need is a left wing back
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

He has said he wants two more players in - neither brown or Hackett are natural wing backs so far as I can see.

So it's one of a couple of positions we need to improve - if we are only getting two players in and assuming Jacobs stays I'd sat a left wing back and another forward are our priorities. If Jacobs goes we need someone to fill that void too. I don't think two forwards is enough to see out the season especially if he's going to be playing two up top still.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Why the hell are we playing with wingbacks who can't cross a ball into the box. We're not scoring playing in that formation.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

The unbeaten run of 10 games might have something to do with it. We have lost 1 in 11 or 12 or whatever it is - it's not exactly bad form is it.

It's not that long ago we conceded 8 goals in 2 games...
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Ideally if we bring in a wingback he has to be pacey, good at crosses making them and defending them, corners so hopefully whoever DC brings in has those attributes its all about making opportunities for Walker and either Hirst or one other?
-- Diane Johnson
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:34 am The unbeaten run of 10 games might have something to do with it. We have lost 1 in 11 or 12 or whatever it is - it's not exactly bad form is it.

I’ve had a look at Pompey’s results and formations since the start of the season. We have played 33 games in all competitions. We have played 17 games with 3 at the back. This has yielded 5 wins; 7 losses and 5 draws.

When we have switched to a flat back 4, we have won 8, lost 5 and drawn 3.

The statistics speak for themselves.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Claygate wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:14 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:34 am The unbeaten run of 10 games might have something to do with it. We have lost 1 in 11 or 12 or whatever it is - it's not exactly bad form is it.

I’ve had a look at Pompey’s results and formations since the start of the season. We have played 33 games in all competitions. We have played 17 games with 3 at the back. This has yielded 5 wins; 7 losses and 5 draws.

When we have switched to a flat back 4, we have won 8, lost 5 and drawn 3.

The statistics speak for themselves.
I would guess that with a flat back 4 we had Brown and Curtis working in tandem on the left
But Cowley only played a back 4 when forced to due to injuries I am on record stating that these results were despite not because of Cowleys tactics
It’s clear when we have less injuries he reverts to a back 3
Love the headline quote on the website Cowley
‘ we should be scoring more goals’ I think all of us could have told him that weeks ago