Would you believe it?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Would you believe it?

Post by eltorrro »

So, as we all know, Pompey have a striker problem..can't score goals..keep bringing in loans which are no better...BUT...da, da, da.................

All the time we've had a prolific goalscorer playing for our acadamy team..Dan Gifford!!

Attracting a lot of attention from Premier league and Championship clubs...SO WHY DON'T WE GIVE HIM A RUN WITH OUR FIRST TEAM??? 8)

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/fo ... er-6518241

edited
Last edited by eltorrro on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Would you believe it?

Post by Sam_Brown »

The link doesn't work I think you've linked to your e-mail. Worth giving him a shot if Cowley thinks he's up to it. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Hiwula situation though.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:37 am Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Hiwula situation though.
I went onto a Doncaster Rovers forum a couple of days ago to see what their fans thought of him, and the comments are vitriolic.
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Selsey Bill wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:55 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:37 am Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Hiwula situation though.
I went onto a Doncaster Rovers forum a couple of days ago to see what their fans thought of him, and the comments are vitriolic.
Who are you talking about SB..Marquis, Hiwula or Dan Gifford? 8)
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

eltorrro wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:00 am So, as we all know, Pompey have a striker problem..can't score goals..keep bringing in loans which are no better...BUT...da, da, da.................

All the time we've had a prolific goalscorer playing for our acadamy team..Dan Gifford!!

Attracting a lot of attention from Premier league and Championship clubs...SO WHY DON'T WE GIVE HIM A RUN WITH OUR FIRST TEAM??? 8)

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/fo ... er-6518241

edited
do you think they are going to put him in their first teams? they are recruiting for the future they scout players like Gifford, stick them in their u18's instead of ours, if he works out he stays if not he gets binned off when its time to sign pro terms and he ends up in non league
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

I fully understand all that Portchy..my query is why Pompey don't give the kid some slots with the first team and bring him on. From memory he has had a couple of cameo appearances..if he was with ManU he would be fully blooded into the main squad by now. Footballers are getting younger and younger!! 8)

ps: can he be any worse than what we currently have (or had)??
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

eltorrro wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:11 am
Jordy!
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

eltorrro wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 am I fully understand all that Portchy..my query is why Pompey don't give the kid some slots with the first team and bring him on. From memory he has had a couple of cameo appearances..if he was with ManU he would be fully blooded into the main squad by now. Footballers are getting younger and younger!! 8)

ps: can he be any worse than what we currently have (or had)??
Because he is in the u18's scoring 20 goals in the junior leagues is quite literally in a different league. Stick him in the first team and he could be like a fish out of water, and potentially harm his development rather than help it. If he was that good, it wouldn't be Norwich and qpr looking at him, it would be the big boys
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Selsey Bill wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:28 pm
Jordy!
lol decided to do some searching myself. This one made me chuckle:

Get this arrogant piece of ****** out of the club!

Sinclair had to push the lad back on to the pitch to applaud the fans at the final whistle. The guy literally does not give two f**ks and he is a spineless waste of space anyway.

Him, Cukur and Dodoo can share a taxi.

Useless.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:43 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:28 pm
Jordy!
lol decided to do some searching myself. This one made me chuckle:

Get this arrogant piece of ****** out of the club!

Sinclair had to push the lad back on to the pitch to applaud the fans at the final whistle. The guy literally does not give two f**ks and he is a spineless waste of space anyway.

Him, Cukur and Dodoo can share a taxi.

Useless.
wow they really dont like him do they. quite glad we managed to offload him because they arent wrong, he is ***** lol