F All Cup 1/4 Finals half-way stage

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Thats Rich, Admin, General Mods

uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

F All Cup 1/4 Finals half-way stage

Post by uspompeyfan »

FA Cup ¼ Finals at the half-way stage (5 games to go)

USPF 6-4 NSS (holds tie-breaker)
Stoke’s 3-0 score line is the difference between these two rivals. This tie will be decided on Sunday as both have similar predictions on Monday’s game. Both the Man City and Orient game could affect a 2 point swing either way depending on the goals scored in the respective games. The games at Craven Cottage (USPF home-win, NSS away win – both 2-1 scores) and Hawthorns (USPF home win, NSS draw) will decide this game.

(holds tie-breaker) Schmindie 6-4 Pompeyfan200
Kanu’s late strike could benefit Schmindie, but he holds a big advantage in that Pompeyfan200 failed to predict the Man City game which effectively gives the La La ‘overall’ leader a 3-point advange given that Man City shouldn’t waste their opportunity. Pompeyfan’s only chance will be to get a minimum 2-correct predictions out of the remaining four games.

FEE 5-4 Mini Selsey (holds tie-breaker)
Mini Selsey’s fated dream of a Crawley Town upset at Old Trafford separates the two teams. Mini Selsey holds the tie-breaker after FEE failed to name a time for Kanu’s goal, but the lead he has could be difficult to break down, especially as MS believes that Man City will capitulate against Notts County and give away a replay. MS will probably need two correct scores though he might succeed with just one.

(tie-break) Dasha 4-4 Dorking
A very close game with both forecasting similar scores for Orient. Craven Cottage will probably break this game open as Dasha has gone for Fulham to repeat their cup home form and defeat boring Bolton while Dorking has gone for a replay. A correct score either way could be a difference maker, but my eyes will be on the Cottage (well not really as I will be asleep).
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Re: F All Cup 1/4 Finals half-way stage

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

I've never quite got my head around these strange board games - are these fixed odds being quoted (in which case it's gambling and ill suited to a man of the cloth!) or are they some form of the Da Vinci code where the answer can only be found in a masonic handshake? I think we should be told.......
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:I've never quite got my head around these strange board games - are these fixed odds being quoted (in which case it's gambling and ill suited to a man of the cloth!) or are they some form of the Da Vinci code where the answer can only be found in a masonic handshake? I think we should be told.......
Quite simple really - I am happy to put hours of work into various competitions each season for the benefit of serving my fellow message board members. The predictions are all open, rules are simple (so even you could understand them) and when all is said and done, offers a great deal of pleasure to those that participate.

There is no gambling involved, and Christians have no problem with being involved with competitive sports. After all, the Romans encouraged Christians to go up against Millwall on a regular basis in the Coluseum in Rome. That said, those lions were a little tamer than the fans that follow the current Millwall team.

It would be an interesting match up to pit the best predictors from the La La League against those that like to bait others in the General section.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

uspompeyfan wrote:
pomp 'n circumstance wrote:I've never quite got my head around these strange board games - are these fixed odds being quoted (in which case it's gambling and ill suited to a man of the cloth!) or are they some form of the Da Vinci code where the answer can only be found in a masonic handshake? I think we should be told.......
There is no gambling involved, and Christians have no problem with being involved with competitive sports. After all, the Romans encouraged Christians to go up against Millwall on a regular basis in the Coluseum in Rome. That said, those lions were a little tamer than the fans that follow the current Millwall team.

It would be an interesting match up to pit the best predictors from the La La League against those that like to bait others in the General section.
Ahhhh....being a simple homespun urban gentleman of genteel ways, I am fuller behind you in providing entertainment for the masses which I regard as very laudable and I applaud it! (I wish you hadn't used the example of the Christians and the lions in the Coluseum though - I seem to remember the Crusuders in Jerusulem putting the infidels to the sword in the name of Jesus Christ and the streets running rivers of blood.) I think I'll stick to the simple tenet of 'Do as you would be done by'. Each to their own, as they say.....
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Sadly P n C your example is out of context:

The Crusades were fought by man and orders given by Man - in the name of God, but in no way ordered by him. Therefore, this is not a good example as Man has sin nature and was given the freedom of choice by our Creator.

On the other hand, Christians died for the faith during the Roamn persecution, often in much more cruel ways than at the hands of lions. I apologize that you didn't see the tongue in cheek reparee in the comment, but for someone with your eloquence, I'm sure you'll realise that you erred with your reply.