The Trust need your support now

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

The Trust need your support now

Post by Lost in Transportation »

to put pressure on the Football League.

Lawyers and threats of legal actions have changed the dynamics of this process. This now goes down to whether Portpin are "fit and proper" under the owners and directors test of the Football League.

The Owners and Directors Test says that anyone is considered to come under their definition if they fulfil any of the clauses given. For Balram Chainrai and Levi Kushnir, the relevant clauses are:

(g) a person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the persons constituting the management of the Club are accustomed to act;

(h) a person who exercises or is able, legally or beneficially, to exercise Control over the affairs of the Club,

The Football League have evidence that these clauses were met before the 2nd insolvency event (administration) in February 2012 meaning that Chainrai & Kushnir can be considered to be covered by their disqualifying condition m (ii)

(m) being a Club Director of:

(ii) one Football Club that has been subject to or suffered two unconnected Insolvency Events, on or after the 11th June 2004).

Please write to enquiries@football-league.co.uk making the e-mail for the attention of Nick Craig raising the above points and asking how Portpin can be considered fit and proper given that the Football League own test shows they should be disqualified.

We need to hold the Football League to their own rules.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: The Trust need your support now

Post by rumourmonger »

Done
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

LIKW, should this worry me as much as it does?
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:LIKW, should this worry me as much as it does?
Yes.
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

Done. Hopefully someone at the Football League will get the message, but I'm getting a (hopefully unfounded) worrying feeling that various agencies may be looking to do some serious buck passing at the moment.
If you've got something left to say, you'd better say it now.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Done. I hope it makes a difference.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Ronald Dinlo
Milan Mandaric

Post by Ronald Dinlo »

done.
you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole..
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Ronald Dinlo wrote:done.
Saw what you wrote on POL - very good letter.

According to a poster on POL who phoned the Football League this morning, the Football League are to make a decision tomorrow re the Owners & Directors Test (fit and proper) on Portpin.
Mefmet
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Mefmet »

Done
Ronald Dinlo
Milan Mandaric

Post by Ronald Dinlo »

Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote: Saw what you wrote on POL - very good letter.

According to a poster on POL who phoned the Football League this morning, the Football League are to make a decision tomorrow re the Owners & Directors Test (fit and proper) on Portpin.
thanks kate, i also saw yours re the wider DCMS context. interesting. i see mike on twitter described the situation as 'fluid', like tar, rather than a mountain brook assumedly?
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Ronald Dinlo wrote:thanks kate, i also saw yours re the wider DCMS context. interesting. i see mike on twitter described the situation as 'fluid', like tar, rather than a mountain brook assumedly?
The DCMS inquiry is an interesting sub-context to this issue re Pompey. You had Greg Clarke arguing that football can govern itself in public and if they cower away from their own rules to ensure that they don't risk a legal challenge, what does that say to the select committee about football's ability to govern itself?

As for the fluid nature expressed by Mike - my understanding it that its a bit more volatile than tar. Certain elements are very difficult to work with for other players in this on-going saga.
Ronald Dinlo
Milan Mandaric

Post by Ronald Dinlo »

Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote: The DCMS inquiry is an interesting sub-context to this issue re Pompey. You had Greg Clarke arguing that football can govern itself in public and if they cower away from their own rules to ensure that they don't risk a legal challenge, what does that say to the select committee about football's ability to govern itself?

As for the fluid nature expressed by Mike - my understanding it that its a bit more volatile than tar. Certain elements are very difficult to work with for other players in this on-going saga.
intended as in murky, sticky, slow-moving and altogether dirty. but yeah, perhaps something that alluded to the volatile / caustic nature might have been better suited!