FA Cup Final

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Re: FA Cup Final

Post by Milkins »

...nonetheless, it seems he's prepared to write off substantial sums (convert to equity...) :

The club's debt, including borrowings and loans from chairman Dave Whelan and his family, reduced to £20.5m from £72.2m, £48m of which was converted into equity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... net-profit
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Milkins wrote:...nonetheless, it seems he's prepared to write off substantial sums (convert to equity...) :

The club's debt, including borrowings and loans from chairman Dave Whelan and his family, reduced to £20.5m from £72.2m, £48m of which was converted into equity.

I wonder how that affects his inheritance bill ?
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

past memories wrote:
Milkins wrote:...nonetheless, it seems he's prepared to write off substantial sums (convert to equity...) :

No idea - and don't call me Bill...
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:Today is FACup final day . There was a time when it was the last game of the domestic season and it was such an event , it lasted all day .

Where has the magic gone ?

I posted that on face Book .

Real Shame and empty seats !!!
Wouldn't worry about the empty seats Jasp....they're just the ones on the halfway line so its only the corporate chaps that haven't finished their martinis and prawns yet. Speaking of martinis......Jeeves!
no there were some in the sections next to the corporate where I sat for the 2010 final. I know they're the £95 seats but how often do Wigan get to Wembley?
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

I hadn't realised that he played in a Wembley Cup final for Blackburn Rovers in 1960, apparently he got badly injured and got £400 compensation which he started a market stall with !
redman With A Blue Ticket
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by redman With A Blue Ticket »

Bluesbro' wrote:
Norman Piper wrote:
Milkins wrote:Citeh crack me up - hundreds of millions on what? Didn't win the league, f**ked up in the Champions League, lost the FA Cup to a team fighting relegation...

Holy Mother - when are these peeps with endless streams of cash going to wake up? I don't think I've ever seen a more clear cut case of "all we have to do is turn up...".

Well done Wigan.

(...although, I wonder how much Whelan has pumped in over the years...??)
Probably less in all his time there than city spend in a season
On one player.
Saw on twitter that Wigans starting 11 was apparently £11m

Gareth Barry was £12m
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

redman With A Blue Ticket wrote:
Bluesbro' wrote:
Norman Piper wrote:
Milkins wrote:Citeh crack me up - hundreds of millions on what? Didn't win the league, f**ked up in the Champions League, lost the FA Cup to a team fighting relegation...

Holy Mother - when are these peeps with endless streams of cash going to wake up? I don't think I've ever seen a more clear cut case of "all we have to do is turn up...".

Well done Wigan.

(...although, I wonder how much Whelan has pumped in over the years...??)
Probably less in all his time there than city spend in a season
On one player.
Saw on twitter that Wigans starting 11 was apparently £11m

Gareth Barry was £12m
Shall I send this to my Citeh OH.....yes.....no.....yes......no.....Yeah, I will.

And I'm now single.
past memories
Kev the Kitman

Post by past memories »

Milkins wrote:
past memories wrote:
Milkins wrote:..
No idea - and don't call me Bill...
Why not, you are a poster.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Wouldn't worry about the empty seats Jasp....they're just the ones on the halfway line so its only the corporate chaps that haven't finished their martinis and prawns yet. Speaking of martinis......Jeeves![/quote]
no there were some in the sections next to the corporate where I sat for the 2010 final. I know they're the £95 seats but how often do Wigan get to Wembley?[/quote]

on the radio they interviewed some wigan fans in wigan. they were moaning that they hadnt been able to go do to cost. prive of the ticket itself, then because of the time of the game (switched to 5.05pm on request of ESPN!) they couldnt get back home the same night, meaning overnight stay. It seems unfair to move the time to 5.05 when both sets of fans are coming from manchester, typical of how football pandes to the tv money these days
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Pompski! »

portchesterblue wrote:
on the radio they interviewed some wigan fans in wigan. they were moaning that they hadnt been able to go do to cost. prive of the ticket itself, then because of the time of the game (switched to 5.05pm on request of ESPN!) they couldnt get back home the same night, meaning overnight stay. It seems unfair to move the time to 5.05 when both sets of fans are coming from manchester, typical of how football pandes to the tv money these days
I don't believe a word of that. The last London -> Manchester train leaves at about 21:00 and gets in just after midnight. Similar for Wigan.
Good excuse for those who believe London is about 9 hours away from Manchester though.
I am me, the universe and you.
Guy Whittingham

Pompski! wrote:
portchesterblue wrote:
I don't believe a word of that. The last London -> Manchester train leaves at about 21:00 and gets in just after midnight. Similar for Wigan.
Good excuse for those who believe London is about 9 hours away from Manchester though.
Match finished about 7.15pm, trophy ceremony took another 30min, another 30min to get from stadium to the tube, journey to Euston 20+min....so they'd have had to miss seeing the cup if they wanted to catch that last train, the capacity of which is considerably less than the match attendance.

No, the new KO time was all wrong. It's an English game and you cater for the English fans first, not the expats on the US west coast.

Unless they are happy to start the Superbowl at noon.
1G18
Alan Biley

Post by 1G18 »

The last connection from Wembley to Wigan was at 1958, it's a 20 minute walk from the stadium to Wembley Central station and in addition to this there was a queueing system in place at the station which can mean a wait of up to 30 minutes.

Wigan fans had no chance of getting a train home after the game, the FA were fully aware of this but chose to ignore it.
Guy Whittingham

Can it be?.....Can it be true?.....Have I created the very first entirely invisible forum post?!!

Bwahaha!! The havoc I shall wreak with this new found power!!

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Pompski! wrote:
portchesterblue wrote:
have to say I caught that train in November Virgin Rail London Euston 21:08 Manchester Piccadilly 23:15 2 hours 7 minutes door to door excellent service
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Purbrook Chimes wrote:
Pompski! wrote:
portchesterblue wrote:
have to say I caught that train in November Virgin Rail London Euston 21:08 Manchester Piccadilly 23:15 2 hours 7 minutes door to door excellent service
tbh, I think that's entirely academic. If your team has its only shot at a major trophy in your lifetime, you find a way to get 60 bills for a hotel or sleep in the park. Didn't go because the last train wouldn't get me home in time for tea?
Are you kidding me?
Div III. Call it what it is.