Egg Chasing!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Re: Egg Chasing!

Post by Hamburg Skate »

Watched the game in the pub great result.!
Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

In truth, despite what appeared to be a close scoreline, it was a comprehensive spanking. England went in at half time with a grin on their faces and although 16-8 down, knew they had the Welsh measure. The Welsh scrum was being dismantled by the English front row where Coles was turning the screw and the English back row of Vunipola, Haskell and the skipper were marauding all over pitch leaving a trail of serious damage to Welsh flesh - at one point there were 3 Welsh players littered on the ground. And the suspect second row? Well the engine room did what they had to do, driving the Welsh scrum back at every set piece.

The result was that the Welsh never scored another point. They identified the fact that they could not sin in their own half or be further punished by Welsh full back Lee Halfpenney and his metronomic kicking from distance and they also nullified the Welsh winger George North as a persona non gratis every time he touched the ball. And the England backs? Well young Ford at fly half gives us something Farrell didn't - he has the arrogance of youth and the result is the England backs are brought into game with a swagger and open the opposition up with a creative skill we haven't seen before. Where as the England of yesteryear looked pedestrian, these backs looked creative and ran the Welsh rear guard ragged - the full back Brown a continual thorn in the Welsh side and the centre Burrell full of trickery. In fact the English backs showed menace and intent that we haven't seen for some time. The manager Lancaster proved the supreme puppet master in managing Les Ros Bif, using his subs and fresh legs when he needed to - a master class in man management! I can think of one particular manager, a lot closer to home, who might benefit from that sort of tuition......

So it was that Land of My Fathers was extinguished with scarcely a splutter and jubilant England fans Swung Low on their Sweet Chariot.
Pompey Junglist
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Junglist »

Well deserved win for England, Wales had no response to the turning of the screw.
No never, no never no more will I trust the elves of Dunsimore
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Yes, what he said.
pomp 'n circumstance wrote:In truth, despite what appeared to be a close scoreline, it was a comprehensive spanking. England went in at half time with a grin on their faces and although 16-8 down, knew they had the Welsh measure. The Welsh scrum was being dismantled by the English front row where Coles was turning the screw and the English back row of Vunipola, Haskell and the skipper were marauding all over pitch leaving a trail of serious damage to Welsh flesh - at one point there were 3 Welsh players littered on the ground. And the suspect second row? Well the engine room did what they had to do, driving the Welsh scrum back at every set piece.

The result was that the Welsh never scored another point. They identified the fact that they could not sin in their own half or be further punished by Welsh full back Lee Halfpenney and his metronomic kicking from distance and they also nullified the Welsh winger George North as a persona non gratis every time he touched the ball. And the England backs? Well young Ford at fly half gives us something Farrell didn't - he has the arrogance of youth and the result is the England backs are brought into game with a swagger and open the opposition up with a creative skill we haven't seen before. Where as the England of yesteryear looked pedestrian, these backs looked creative and ran the Welsh rear guard ragged - the full back Brown a continual thorn in the Welsh side and the centre Burrell full of trickery. In fact the English backs showed menace and intent that we haven't seen for some time. The manager Lancaster proved the supreme puppet master in managing Les Ros Bif, using his subs and fresh legs when he needed to - a master class in man management! I can think of one particular manager, a lot closer to home, who might benefit from that sort of tuition......

So it was that Land of My Fathers was extinguished with scarcely a splutter and jubilant England fans Swung Low on their Sweet Chariot.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:30 men of pure muscle, only marginal padding on the forwards, beating the living shot out of each other for 80 minutes = sport.
What a strange reason to appreciate a sport (though we are of course all different). In my favourite sport, you could walk by the world's best exponent and not have the faintest idea that he is a professional sportsman. Skill always wins for me.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:30 men of pure muscle, only marginal padding on the forwards, beating the living shot out of each other for 80 minutes = sport.
What a strange reason to appreciate a sport (though we are of course all different). In my favourite sport, you could walk by the world's best exponent and not have the faintest idea that he is a professional sportsman. Skill always wins for me.
There was a huge amount of skill on show last night. Indeed England's 2nd try was all about strength, skill & movement. Also the skill of fast movement of ball shouldn't be underestimated, being able to deliver a pass perfectly to a player running @ full tilt is superb to watch.
LiT other account
Gary O'Neil

Post by LiT other account »

pompeygunner wrote:There was a huge amount of skill on show last night. Indeed England's 2nd try was all about strength, skill & movement. Also the skill of fast movement of ball shouldn't be underestimated, being able to deliver a pass perfectly to a player running @ full tilt is superb to watch.
Agree, last night was an enjoyable game because it was quite an attacking open game. More of this please.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
Oh, that certainly wasn't an exhaustive list of the reasons I watch/play rugby although extra respect is mandatory for the "obese" lumps of meat who are the forwards.

Especially so from someone who now politely declines to play there due to one too many collapsed scrums. That cold sweat moment as the pack suddenly drops down, while your head is simultaneously forced up.....f**k that, sunshine.
Lindford Saint
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Lindford Saint »

Pompey Junglist wrote:I think England's second row might struggle.
Ummmmm
Paid to drink beer, lie on a beach, see the world and the Queen trusted me. Bargain!!!
Pompey Junglist
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Junglist »

Lindford Saint wrote:
Pompey Junglist wrote:I think England's second row might struggle.
Ummmmm
Lol! Let's hope my SSMC predictions aren't as hopeless!
No never, no never no more will I trust the elves of Dunsimore
igor :)
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by igor :) »

Ireland's favourites tag is misleading....very inexperienced side out today with some key absentees and I can see us struggling to beat the Italians, never mind winning the tournament. We'll have a poor six nations followed by a decent World Cup, I suspect, although Joe Schmidt seems to have some pretty strong Voodoo going on at the moment.
Pompey Wales
Mickey Quinn

Post by Pompey Wales »

What an awesome second half. Watched the game in a pub in Cardiff in my England shirt with some English mates. It went very quiet at the end, fantastic.
SWAPS - Home of the South Wales Association of Portsmouth Supporters (SWAPS)