A bit cheeky but...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

A bit cheeky but...

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Those of you that know me (or of me), will know I have my health problems, and the chances of me doing a marathon or even a quarter of one, are slim (and he's out of town), even if I had a bash at walking it.

So I've never done a 'charidee' appeal. But have put into a few coffers for people on this very board, good causes they were too.

My nephew though, is getting off his backside, and likes to make it hard for himself. He's doing the Reading half-marathon this Sunday - but dressed from head to toe as a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" - he'll be carrying a weapon, and I've promised him an additional tenner if he crosses the finish line munching pizza.

If you can spare a quid (for Leukaemia Care - who cover all the blood cancers: Leukaemias, Lymphomas, Myeloma, Aplastic Anaemia, MDS, and MPN amongst others). I'd be very grateful if you could nudge his justgiving page a quid or two. Cheers! :thumb

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... amieOLeary

http://www.leukaemiacare.org.uk/

http://www.midhurstandpetworth.co.uk/ne ... -1-6563562

He's a dyed-in-the-wool Pompey fan too, as is his brother.

This is him 'in training': https://cloud.real.com/s/ZwgwDV

(I did think (more than) twice about posting this, but I felt I could, as I won't be asking on my behalf, most probably)
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Re: A bit cheeky but...

Post by richisbradders »

Good luck to him, I've done this one a couple of times, nice finish to it at the madjeski also.
dickinson
Gary O'Neil

Post by dickinson »

A lot of youngsters get a bad press, my generation are sometimes over critical of them, often unfairly in my view. Sure there are nasty idiots around, there always have been. But your nephew not only contradicts this view but provides hope for the future that people and community spirit are important and alive and well. Fair play to the lad.
To accept ones ignorance is a great step towards an education - Abraham Lincoln
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Wow, thanks guys (& girls)! Really IS much appreciated, already swelled the pot!

Thanks ever so much. I hope one day (if they'll let me) to maybe get the thumbs up for a skydive (but I don't think the stroke people will be that keen on it, or the lungs docs!), but I hope it's not ruled out (scuba-diving *is* - boo! - I always fancied that).

Anyway, enough about me groaning, thanks ever so for the donations, proud of you! :thumb
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Best of luck to him! I'd much rather run a marathon, than even a mile in that thing!
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

:thumb :thumb :thumb

Overwhelmed by the generosity, THANK-YOU!

Really grateful, & with youngest daughter on way back now from Uni (I think), should be able to get up there to watch him.

Seriously, thanks for the contributions, I didn't know, but apparently he got a notification each time a donation was made, he was chuffed to bits (but mystified) as to where these donations were coming from (all at once!), :) - he now knows. (Generous Southampton fans threw him even more :wink: ) - not the generous, the Southampton

Occurred to me (that I'd forgot to mention) - Jamie is actually "Son of P.I.S.S." - Pompey in South Sussex. (Was married to my sister). PI$S was formerly Hon. Éminence grise (as conferred by the "University of Pomp n' Circumstance").

Anyway, thank-you from me, and on his behalf, and Leukaemia Care of course :-D
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Thanks a lot for all the support! (Conquered, he says!) @ the Madejski stadium (finish line!)

(think he's lost about 2st in weight, in that outfit!)
Attachments
Jamie conquered.jpg
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

He's a good lad.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Well done Jamie!
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Well done Jamie!
Seconded :!:
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Thirded. The boy done good :thumb