Draw.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Draw.

Post by Pompey1985 »

95th minute equaliser!
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Re: Draw.

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Pompey1985 wrote:95th minute equaliser!
Cruel. bl**dy hate it when that happens because you feel like you've lost.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

I am not sure what is more frustrating, our inconsistent form or the fact that we have again thrown away two points very late in the game with a shot from outside the box !!!

Really frustrating.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Took off Tubbs & brought on the useless Hollands, Surely if Tubbs had a knock then Westcarr is the obvious replacement.
:(
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

A win would obviously been preferable but in all honesty at this point in the season does it really matter?
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

Portchester PFC wrote:I am not sure what is more frustrating, our inconsistent form or the fact that we have again thrown away two points very late in the game with a shot from outside the box !!!

Really frustrating.
Pompey are consistent away from home. They consistently don't win. 2 all season!
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey Gary wrote:
Portchester PFC wrote:I am not sure what is more frustrating, our inconsistent form or the fact that we have again thrown away two points very late in the game with a shot from outside the box !!!

Really frustrating.
Pompey are consistent away from home. They consistently don't win. 2 all season!
And you can't get more consistent than that. Consistently to lowest away wins in League Two pretty much all season. Disappointing.

Sooooo close....players must be gutted
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Pompey Gary wrote:

Really frustrating.
It's just we have conceded goals like this far too often, it's as though they go to sleep towards the end of games and don't shut down players outside the box, we have conceded far too many goals from shots just outside the box.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
pompeymick
Martin Kuhl

Post by pompeymick »

Listening on the radio I thought we were going to get hammered after 30mins of total Carlisle control but the two goals took the steam out of them and we sounded pretty good in the second half, but losing another two Centre Halfs is not good news.
My biggest concern is the lack of involvement by our goalkeeper when we conceded corners, the defence had to deal with them all apart from one he palmed away.He's supposedly one of the best in the Div. but I would expect him to be more assertive at corners than he is. The last-kick equaliser was a real kick in the teeth for all the loyal fans that travelled all that way.
lakespfc
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by lakespfc »

Just got back from the game. First 25/30 minutes was dire, thought we were in for a stuffing, then the crowd seemed to step up a gear and so did Pompey. Different team in the 2nd half and we deserved to win, struggled to see where they got 4 minutes added from and there was definitely more than 4 minutes played!

Wallace and Passley easily our best players.

5 years since I've seen a win (Spurs semi-final) and I thought today was going to be the day but the wait goes on..

Sorry it's not a report of Selsey Bill's standards but I'm hungry and want my tea!
PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP!
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

I bet Jed's hacked off too: players who score 2 goals away from home expect to win the match.
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

<dj.> wrote:I bet Jed's hacked off too: players who score 2 goals away from home expect to win the match.
Not that I was listening :oops: but Solent gave the second goal to Tubbs
Lindford Saint
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Lindford Saint »

Maybe Andy Awful should not have belittled Carlisle in the pre match build up. Probably gave them something to fight for.
Paid to drink beer, lie on a beach, see the world and the Queen trusted me. Bargain!!!
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

Lindford Saint wrote:Maybe Andy Awful should not have belittled Carlisle in the pre match build up. Probably gave them something to fight for.
If they weren't already extremely motivated by their league position just above the relegation zone then there's something wrong with them.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

lakespfc wrote:Just got back from the game. First 25/30 minutes was dire, thought we were in for a stuffing, then the crowd seemed to step up a gear and so did Pompey. Different team in the 2nd half and we deserved to win, struggled to see where they got 4 minutes added from and there was definitely more than 4 minutes played!

Wallace and Passley easily our best players.

5 years since I've seen a win (Spurs semi-final) and I thought today was going to be the day but the wait goes on..

Sorry it's not a report of Selsey Bill's standards but I'm hungry and want my tea!
Thanks for stepping up to the plate Lakes, much appreciated :thumb

PS I'll be back in action on Monday night 8)