Ipswich Saturday?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Re: Ipswich Saturday?

Post by Keeprblue »

streetrifle wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:23 pm Surely our best performance of the season so far, almost faultless, with Williams an absolute star not just for his two goals but for his skill and work rate throughout. The pressing was incredible all over the pitch and the scoreline does not reflect our dominance, having also hit the bar twice. This was a team that looks brimming in confidence and so dominant at the back with Whatmough and Raggett outstanding. All had a good game bar Curtis who was a frustrating figure continually losing possession and also giving away free kicks not to mention getting booked;
I didn't watch it, but great to read you views etc.
Great win. Feeling a bit more confident now :)
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

From what I can gather we could have had another two or three more goals. With hitting the bar and missed chances. Well done Williams will do his confidence the world of good. Just hope Pompey keep rolling on
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Certainly looking brighter now than following the 0-0 draws with Shrewsbury and Rochdale and the defeat to Wigan.

I admit I was one who was losing patience with Jackett and, despite being a decent guy, I am still not his greatest fan however all credit to him for the way he has turned things around so far.

That said, it's still promotion or bust as far as I see it.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Maybe I’m being a bit optimistic but I honestly believe we could have one those early matches. By using the team formation KJ is using now. That includes the Charlton game who are one of our promotion rivals. The same applies to Doncaster the penny has finally dropped better late than never
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

Great result! Hull and Lincoln both losing too, albeit with a game in hand each but 3 pts off top. :thumb
I am me, the universe and you.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Somebody please tell Jackett that the Hull game is on Friday. It is going to be embarrassing if he doesn't go until Saturday (mentioned twice in his post match interview).
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Somebody please tell Jackett that the Hull game is on Friday. It is going to be embarrassing if he doesn't go until Saturday (mentioned twice in his post match interview).
Slip of the tongue. Get over it.
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Didn't see it all, I was very impressed from what I saw on youtube.
Could've got another two goals that hit the bar.
Looking a good team now

Wonder if we've frightened Hull? :D
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Excellent win...again. How we only got 2 & not 4 or 5 I dont know. The massive difference is the quality of our football, did I ever think I'd say that about a KJ team-never. I notice that Naylor & Marquis are both on 4 bookings, I hope they can avoid bookings on tuesday so we can go to Hull @ full strength.
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Who are we playing Tuesday then? :D
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Keeprblue wrote:Who are we playing Tuesday then? :D
...Fleetwood.. :D
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

pompeygunner wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:21 am
... who outplayed us twice last season. Like Charlton, a team that seems to have our measure, but we can hope that the "new" formation brings us a better result.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:20 am
pompeygunner wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:21 am
... who outplayed us twice last season. Like Charlton, a team that seems to have our measure, but we can hope that the "new" formation brings us a better result.
No they didn't. The away game was a tight close game we lost 1-0. We also played them up there in the cup & pretty much dominated & won 2-1. The pre lock down game we were sloppy & drew 2-2. Which was a fair result. They never dominated or outplayed us in any of the 3 games.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

pompeygunner wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 pm
Pompey Penguin wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:20 am ... who outplayed us twice last season. Like Charlton, a team that seems to have our measure, but we can hope that the "new" formation brings us a better result.
No they didn't. The away game was a tight close game we lost 1-0. We also played them up there in the cup & pretty much dominated & won 2-1. The pre lock down game we were sloppy & drew 2-2. Which was a fair result. They never dominated or outplayed us in any of the 3 games.
I didn't see the cup game (and had forgotten about that), but was at both league games. Away, although it was only 1-0, they were by far the better side and really pulled our defence about, whilst we didn't look like scoring until a late Curtis (?) freekick went close. Home, was a tighter 2-2, but I thought they had the best of it and certainly caused us problems at the back, although at least we also looked a threat on that occasion. Overall, I was impressed by Fleetwood.

Those, of course, are just my opinions on the games, and we all see things differently.