England v Scotland

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: England v Scotland

Post by Pompey Penguin »

On the plus side, this sets up the Scotland v. Ukraine game very nicely. The winners will be on 4 points and probably qualify for the last 16, the losers obviosly out, but a draw will mean both are out so useless to both sides. They will both have to go for the win, so could be an exciting game.

Pity it is on at the same time as the England v. Czech Rep. game.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

In which competition are Scotland playing Ukraine
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:50 pm In which competition are Scotland playing Ukraine
Sorry, I am getting worse and worse. Ukraine/Croatia, well, they share a couple of letters. :oops:
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:54 am Southgate needs to be replaced. Alas I don't know when with, maybe a foreign coach. It was dreadful last night and I hate to see exciting young players reduced to passing the ball backwards and afraid to take any chances.
Actually, what we witnessed was Gareth Southgate at his tactical finest. He did the same thing in the World Cup.

He doesn't want to win the group because we then get to play France, Germany or Portugal. He wants to come second in the group, so we get to play Sweden or Slovakia, and then it's a somewhat easier half of the draw.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:54 pm He doesn't want to win the group because we then get to play France, Germany or Portugal. He wants to come second in the group, so we get to play Sweden or Slovakia, and then it's a somewhat easier half of the draw.
Didn't we try that in 2016? Finish second in the group and a nice, easy tie against Iceland. What could possibly go wrong?