OMLG

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

OMLG

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Oh my Le God.

We all know footballers aren't the tastiest sandwich in the picnic basket, but this.... well have a read and see

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/ ... 4310935553
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: OMLG

Post by Sam_Brown »

I think the fact he disabled people being able to reply says it all.

To answer the question though... The problem is Covid is more contagious so more people catch it and more people die from it than flu. Once we get the point we have a level of heard immunity and infection rates are down I imagine it will then be treated similar to flu with an annual booster for those most vulnerable. Also the restrictions are as much to do with avoiding the NHS melting down as it is. Do people forget how full the hospitals were during the middle of the pandemic and look at those photos and videos and think nothing needed to be done to curb the admission rate? Things are in a pretty bad place with waiting lists and people missing appointments but this would be a lot worse IMO without the restrictions put in place.

And that's before we even take into account things like Long Covid.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:50 pm I think the fact he disabled people being able to reply says it all.

To answer the question though... The problem is Covid is more contagious so more people catch it and more people die from it than flu. Once we get the point we have a level of heard immunity and infection rates are down I imagine it will then be treated similar to flu with an annual booster for those most vulnerable. Also the restrictions are as much to do with avoiding the NHS melting down as it is. Do people forget how full the hospitals were during the middle of the pandemic and look at those photos and videos and think nothing needed to be done to curb the admission rate? Things are in a pretty bad place with waiting lists and people missing appointments but this would be a lot worse IMO without the restrictions put in place.

Oh please don't bang the lockdown drum again, it's patently obvious they cause more harm than good.
And the NHS is a busted flush. Needs a total overhaul from top to bottom. Better still everyone should have personal heath insurance. Let the NHS die a natural and overdue death. The amount of money that's wasted is criminal.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

I'd certainly like to see an independent audit carried out on the NHS. See how the £15mil per hour is spent.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:52 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:50 pm I think the fact he disabled people being able to reply says it all.

Oh please don't bang the lockdown drum again, it's patently obvious they cause more harm than good.
And the NHS is a busted flush. Needs a total overhaul from top to bottom. Better still everyone should have personal heath insurance. Let the NHS die a natural and overdue death. The amount of money that's wasted is criminal.
There's no doubt the NHS is and always has been an inefficient and mismanaged entity. That happened right from Day 1. It took less than two years for the public to start paying contributions to prescriptions, and dentistry. But if there should be one exception where extreme flexibility and waste should be permitted in the manner of its running, its in the arena of public health. A country is only as strong as the strength of its citizens. The debate pre-1947, is exactly the same as we see in the States today. People willingly sacrifice health rather than accrue debt. There is an excellent public health study, just before the start of the war. Doctors discovered just 7% of the nation could be described as 'in good health'. When the NHS was formally announced - 98% of the nation signed up almost overnight. When the doors officially opened, there were queues around the block at every doctor's surgery in the country.

Life expectancy increased by ten years within a generation. Child mortality rates halved overnight.

To quote Bevan 'illness is not a misfortune for which anyone should be punished'. He also cited health insurance as an evil where private industry profits on the public's health.

That should never happen in any circumstance. The NHS is arguably the greatest invention of any modern society, and while it is often run badly, it should never be in the hands of private enterprise. When it comes public health, there is no wasted money.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

Well other countries seem to run a health service far superior to ours. I confess I don't know the cost of this.

And there is definitely way too much public money wasted in the NHS.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

A friend of mine who suffered significant concussion was turned away from his GP's surgery and told to go to A & E at Queen Alexandra Hospital. A friend took him by car and on arrival outside, before entry, he was quizzed about his condition and then turned away after being told to ring 111.
No further comment on present state of NHS is necessary.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

For heaven's sake!!!

This was supposed to be a thread where we could all poke fun at the stupidity of Matthew Le Tissier, not become embroiled in political debate.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:20 pm For heaven's sake!!!

This was supposed to be a thread where we could all poke fun at the stupidity of Matthew Le Tissier, not become embroiled in political debate.
Was thinking exactly the same - but it does sum this message board up :lol:
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

And I was about to make a flawless political argument. I’ll keep it to myself. 😀😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:50 pm Well other countries seem to run a health service far superior to ours. I confess I don't know the cost of this.

And there is definitely way too much public money wasted in the NHS.
Reforms are needed. I do agree. The problem is I don't trust anyone to implement the changes required and not ****** it up either on purpose due to greed or through incompetence.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:20 pm For heaven's sake!!!

Big nosed French scummer :lol:
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

Never mind Betelgeuse I expect your parents loved you. :smt006
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

itsaintfunny wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:13 pm Never mind Betelgeuse I expect your parents loved you. :smt006
Sorry?? :?:
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

I assumed your previous post was a confession.