Gillingham

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

blueocean
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Gillingham

Post by blueocean »

I went. Cold or what. The away fans still stand or sit on a stand made from scaffolding. Hows that safe?

We should have scored a couple more goals. Gilld got a bit better second half but hardly created a clear cut chance apart from one that I saw.

We deserved our win. We all stood in the open throughout the 90 mins absolutely freezing.

That Steve Evans is a complete fool saying we didn't deservee the win. He never shook the Cowleys hand. Absolute joke of a man.

PUP
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

blueocean wrote:I went. Cold or what. The away fans still stand or sit on a stand made from scaffolding. Hows that safe?

We should have scored a couple more goals. Gilld got a bit better second half but hardly created a clear cut chance apart from one that I saw.

We deserved our win. We all stood in the open throughout the 90 mins absolutely freezing.

That Steve Evans is a complete **** saying we didn't deservee the win. He never shook the Cowleys hand. Absolute joke of a man.

PUP
Talk about a bad loser.......

“It is a hard one to take because of the manner of it, if they come and outplay us, a lot of people were talking and no more than Cowley himself that they felt if they got an early goal what they could do with us. Yeah, man on the moon.

“They deserved to get beat. We will listen to the nonsense from him and the superstars, their nonsense, but if they are honest, which they never are, they will say they deserved to get beat."

More of the rant here....

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spo ... on-258194/
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

What a winker!
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Some friends of mine were partaking of the hospitality at Gillingham yesterday and happened to be sat on the next table to Danny & Nicky Cowley's parents. Mr & Mrs Cowley said that Evans was consistently the most obnoxious person their sons came up against in their football careers. And this was before the events of yesterday afternoon.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Credit to Gills fans in the comments section of the Kent online article for calling Evans out on his post-match rant . One called him an embarrassment. In the interests of balance though I have to say that DC's fist-pumping to the main stand behind him was a bit provocative. I would rather have a manager who shows emotion than a Jackett automaton but behaviour has to be professional and respectful.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

And what's he on about superstars ??? 🤣. Is he referring to Romeo because of his dad 🤷
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:25 pm Credit to Gills fans in the comments section of the Kent online article for calling Evans out on his post-match rant . One called him an embarrassment. In the interests of balance though I have to say that DC's fist-pumping to the main stand behind him was a bit provocative. I would rather have a manager who shows emotion than a Jackett automaton but behaviour has to be professional and respectful.
And of course if Gillingham had scored in the 93rd minute Evans would have stood and clapped politely wouldn't he
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Surely it is just their manager wishing to distract his own fans from the form of Gillingham. They have not won in five league games and have lost their last three too.

Oh, and could not score against a team whilst playing at home .....on a bitterly cold day .....playing a team without a recognised centre half ....and only one player in the back 5 playing in their normal position .....and your strength is playing physically and getting the ball forward and into the box as often as possible.

He and the Cowley's obviously don't get on, so of course one set of management where jumping up and down with a 92min winner and the other stomped off without shaking hands.

Should make for an interesting last home game / penultimate game of the season at FP
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:25 pm Credit to Gills fans in the comments section of the Kent online article for calling Evans out on his post-match rant . One called him an embarrassment. In the interests of balance though I have to say that DC's fist-pumping to the main stand behind him was a bit provocative. I would rather have a manager who shows emotion than a Jackett automaton but behaviour has to be professional and respectful.
And of course if Gillingham had scored in the 93rd minute Evans would have stood and clapped politely wouldn't he
Blimey, PB. Yet more sarcasm? You need to widen your repertoire a bit mate.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
In the words of your mate betelgeuse, cancel culture

We're you not thinking exactly the same thing, sour grapes from a bloke who would have done exactly the same thing if it had been the other way round ??
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
In the words of your mate betelgeuse, cancel culture

Were you not thinking exactly the same thing, sour grapes from a bloke who would have done exactly the same thing if it had been the other way round ??
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Were you going to comment on your own comment there, PB?
Maybe a sarcastic swipe at yourself? Or twisting something you said into something you didn't? Good luck with that one.. :wink:
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:51 pm Were you going to comment on your own comment there, PB?
Maybe a sarcastic swipe at yourself? Or twisting something you said into something you didn't? Good luck with that one.. :wink:
Nope just fat fingers trying to edit a spelling mistake :thumb
Still want to know what I am twisting or spinning
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

I do agree with Dinksy about Danny showing a bit more class for want of a better word when we scored. To turnaround giving the large one to their main stand was a bit strange, whilst we dont know what went on before & what was being said to him though. In the grand scheme its no big deal though compared to Steve Evans antics. Now he is a tw#t.
I like Danny's passion though, I've never been overly bothered whether a manager gets animated or not. But 4 yrs of watching Kenny impersonating a bit of upright 4x2 kind of pissed me off. So he is a bit of a breath of fresh air imho.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Talk about going from one end of the scale to the other. Last week Stevenage asked Gillingham for permission to approach Steve Evans about being their new manager. Gillingham refused so they looked elsewhere. Today they appointed Paul Tisdale . Couldn't get the poacher so they got the gamekeeper instead .
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!