Covid - Omicron Variant - I don't even know how to feel anymore.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Covid - Omicron Variant - I don't even know how to feel anymore.

Post by Betelgeuse »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:44 pm
Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:59 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:46 am Vaccine 1 plus vaccine 2.....then a 'booster'.....now maybe a 'tweaked' one to cope with the new variant....what next when another variant comes along? Or when they discover something else that they didn't know before?
I respect the choice of those who choose to have more vaccines and I respect the choice of those who don't. We are not talking about a vote here but putting a chemical that they don't know everything about into your body. Your body, your choice, based on a balance of the information out there.
For me, I'm going to eat the right things, do (extra) exercise - (I've just started cold water swimming) - wear a mask where necessary and wash my hands regularly and leave my natural antibodies to deal with this.
Yep why even try to stop the spread eh, what's the point in vaccinating people even if its helps just small percentage, let them die I say
Your penchant for a mixture of twist, spin and sarcasm is beginning to make you sound like that demented idiot, Basil Fawlty, PB. Come to think of it, you may have come up with a new dance....
And you are beginning to sound like betegeuse.
So tell me where the twist and spin is in my statement please
Another dig at posters who don't go along with the government narrative.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

meakinsl wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:41 pm
Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:05 am
meakinsl wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:09 am
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am
Ultimately, you and your doctor should be the only ones who force untried and rushed vaccines to be pushed into your body. Weigh up both sides and don't let anyone force you to take it if you don't feel comfortable - in a couple of years, when many vaxed people come down with heart issues, no one will blames the vaccines!!!! (Oh yes, this has already been noticed by the medical field, I forgot).
Sounds a bit anti-vax. It seems the problem is that from many reports it is unvaccinated people filling up the icu wards, whilst I agree nobody should be forced to take the vaccine and Austria is treading a dodgy line there I don’t think it is unreasonable the two groups can face different restrictions if it means keeping nhs functioning.
What a disgraceful way of thinking. You're on the road to facism.
Mmm not sure about that, is it really surprising that countries will differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated when it seems to be (from reports) unvaccinated people that are filling up the ICU beds and clogging up the NHS, of course there are many that will believe that is just a conspiracy theory....
Just to stir the pot a bit here. That's fine for those who have chosen to take the vaccines. How about further down the line when the precedence has been set and they decide the NHS can no longer afford to treat obese people who have issues directly related to their choice of diet and not exercising. Let's say they stop treating obese people with diabetes in the same way as they do those who are not overweight? I guess that will be fine, as long as you aren't obese and have diabetes.

How about not treating smokers with lung cancer?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:22 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:46 am Vaccine 1 plus vaccine 2.....then a 'booster'.....now maybe a 'tweaked' one to cope with the new variant....what next when another variant comes along? Or when they discover something else that they didn't know before?
I respect the choice of those who choose to have more vaccines and I respect the choice of those who don't. We are not talking about a vote here but putting a chemical that they don't know everything about into your body. Your body, your choice, based on a balance of the information out there.
For me, I'm going to eat the right things, do (extra) exercise - (I've just started cold water swimming) - wear a mask where necessary and wash my hands regularly and leave my natural antibodies to deal with this.
Yep why even try to stop the spread eh, what's the point in vaccinating people even if its helps just small percentage, let them die I say
Your penchant for a mixture of twist, spin and sarcasm is beginning to make you sound like that demented idiot, Basil Fawlty, PB. Come to think of it, you may have come up with a new dance....
Again, tell me where the twist and spin is??
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:35 pm
meakinsl wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:41 pm
Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:05 am
meakinsl wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:09 am
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am
Ultimately, you and your doctor should be the only ones who force untried and rushed vaccines to be pushed into your body. Weigh up both sides and don't let anyone force you to take it if you don't feel comfortable - in a couple of years, when many vaxed people come down with heart issues, no one will blames the vaccines!!!! (Oh yes, this has already been noticed by the medical field, I forgot).
Sounds a bit anti-vax. It seems the problem is that from many reports it is unvaccinated people filling up the icu wards, whilst I agree nobody should be forced to take the vaccine and Austria is treading a dodgy line there I don’t think it is unreasonable the two groups can face different restrictions if it means keeping nhs functioning.
What a disgraceful way of thinking. You're on the road to facism.
Mmm not sure about that, is it really surprising that countries will differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated when it seems to be (from reports) unvaccinated people that are filling up the ICU beds and clogging up the NHS, of course there are many that will believe that is just a conspiracy theory....
Just to stir the pot a bit here. That's fine for those who have chosen to take the vaccines. How about further down the line when the precedence has been set and they decide the NHS can no longer afford to treat obese people who have issues directly related to their choice of diet and not exercising. Let's say they stop treating obese people with diabetes in the same way as they do those who are not overweight? I guess that will be fine, as long as you aren't obese and have diabetes.

Fair point, I do totally agree it is up to people if they want to take vaccine or not and Austria has gone a very dodgy route making them mandatory although not sure how that is actually implemented. However I do feel that there is enough out there to suggest you have more chance of not getting seriously ill if you have the vaccine, I wander how many unvaccinated people in ICU wish they had taken it - I wouldn't want to be in that situation and so trusted in the science and went for it and will also go for the booster but totally understand those that don't. I would imagine any difference in treatment of the two groups will continue to be minor and focus around testing and proof of negative testing rather than anything more draconian. All in all a very emotive subject and each to there own.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

I’m not going to argue about the pros and cons of the vaccine but what is not being made public is the problems in getting a booster jab my wife and I have been trying to book a booster jab for more than a week and it is impossible to get an appointment anywhere in Portsmouth
The nearest we have been offered us is 13 miles away in Chichester
It’s all very fine expanding the number of people who can get it if it’s not available
Why are they not being honest there is a shortage of available jabs
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:35 pm How about further down the line when the precedence has been set and they decide the NHS can no longer afford to treat obese people who have issues directly related to their choice of diet and not exercising. Let's say they stop treating obese people with diabetes in the same way as they do those who are not overweight? I guess that will be fine, as long as you aren't obese and have diabetes.

Interesting question. I need to think on it as I don't really have an answer I'd be happy to stick with.

I would argue that covid is a once in a generation unique situation that probably falls outside of the normal dialogue but I know many will disagree. I think maybe it's one of necessity rather than any sort of ethical axioms being followed and you are going to find some contradictions most definitely.

Maybe we just tax people more depending on what they do. I mean we already do for smokers and drinkers and the recent sugar tax kinda answers it on fatties like me as well.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:09 pm I’m not going to argue about the pros and cons of the vaccine but what is not being made public is the problems in getting a booster jab my wife and I have been trying to book a booster jab for more than a week and it is impossible to get an appointment anywhere in Portsmouth
Have you tried southampton? Plenty of pricks over there so I'm led to believe :rofl
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

My daughter suggested Brighton as there are plenty of active pricks there
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:25 pm My daughter suggested Brighton as there are plenty of active pricks there
lol yup better than my one
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

I have to have a sense of humour following Pompey for more than 50 years
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:22 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Again, tell me where the twist and spin is??
You tell me. It's your dance.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

How is it my dance? I made a comment t qhi h you claim was me twisting and spinning, I want to k ow what I am twisting or spinning please? I can't see what I twisted or spun so I need you to tell me please
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:35 pm Just to stir the pot a bit here. That's fine for those who have chosen to take the vaccines. How about further down the line when the precedence has been set and they decide the NHS can no longer afford to treat obese people who have issues directly related to their choice of diet and not exercising. Let's say they stop treating obese people with diabetes in the same way as they do those who are not overweight? I guess that will be fine, as long as you aren't obese and have diabetes.

Been happening for years, Rubi, overweight patients being told to lose weight before they can have a knee or hip replaced, smokers being told to quit before certain drugs/procedures will be provided.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am World studies show that vaccinated and non-vaccinated get the virus and while vax people may, in some cases, get a lesser Covid experience, in others they may get a worse one. With this strain, kids will still have a 99.997% chance of surviving and getting antibodies that many governments will not consider as it goes against the narrative of wanting to control its people.

US. I have tried really hard not to bite but your fishing skills are too good for me. It may make me look stupid if I am just ranting at a wind-up merchant but I've started, so I'll finish.

Firstly, you insinuate that the vaccine makes not a jot of difference to whether you get the virus or not. Simply wrong pal! A typical Trump-esque remark and one which is not supported but science or facts.

Next you use the classic "untried and rushed vaccines being forced on us"... Again wrong. It is the most tried and tested vaccine in the history of mankind.

Next you try the fear card. "In a couple of years those who have been vaccinated will have heart issues". Again, total ******.

You absolutely have the right to your views but if you are quoting such things, please do share your sources so we can all be as enlightened as yourself.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Portchesterblue2 wrote:How is it my dance? I made a comment t qhi h you claim was me twisting and spinning, I want to k ow what I am twisting or spinning please? I can't see what I twisted or spun so I need you to tell me please
Okay PB , as you asking nicely, I'll play ball.
You said:
"Yep why even try to stop the spread eh, what's the point in vaccinating people even if its helps just small percentage, let them die I say."
That was in response to my personal view about jabs - that we should respect the individual's choice and not try to pressure that person either way.
The post didn't make any comment about not trying to stop the spread. I don't know why you put that. Maybe it's not mischievous, maybe it's just a wrong interpretation. Your second part is rhetorical and echoes the first while the last phrase is pure drama reminding me of Basil in the fire drill scene of Fawlty Towers. AKA: "I don't know why we bother, we should just let them all burn!"